Suggestions for getting FSB stable over 312mhz?

No matter what I try I can't seem to get the FSB over around 312-320. (nf4 ultra D 3/10 bios). It hangs at verifying dmi... Upping chipset voltage seems to have no effect. Does anyone have any suggestions?

No matter what I try I can't seem to get the FSB over around 312-320. (nf4 ultra D 3/10 bios). It hangs at verifying dmi... Upping chipset voltage seems to have no effect. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Well, if you could use the stickies at the top of the forum and complete your sig so we would know what we're dealing with it would help a lot.

You might want to post your timings and voltages along with the hardware you're running.

The ram is rated for 312... I figure it should atleast go a little higher than what is rated at... 333 would be great... The CPU can't take 312x9 (2808) at 1.6V and I dont really want to run 1.65-1.7+ untill we see if anyone has any problems with high voltage on venice cores. What I am trying to do is run the 9/10 (180) ratio and get the FSB as high as it will go.

I was just testing at 312 and it was fine... 320 and it locked before verifying dmi pool data, the screen went black, fans went to full speed, cdrom started clicking, 3 leds on the debug were on.

reaper,

I've got the same board and CPU as you except memory (mine is OCZ EL Platinum Revision 2 PC3200). Don't know why you can't do 312 but here's mine.

cpuz28004fb.jpg

sandracpu28003zb.jpg

sandramem28004ne.jpg

I'll take screenshots of my BIOS DRAM Config and post it later so you can see my settings. Anyway, I'd like to note that 312x9 seems to be the limit of my CPU (oddly enough I can game, benchmark, etc at this speed but cannot go any higher). I tried 313x9 and Windows wouldn't boot. I have not used a lower multiplier yet to see what the limit of my ram is so can't say for sure my ram is causing the problem either.

I can't beleive you got that ram running that fast! 312 at 2.5 out of pc3200?! I just shelled out $300 for this ram. Is it common for that ram to run like that?

The CPU can do 312FSB but not [email protected]. Here soon I am going to try 1.7V and see what it will do.

and h_Us3r. Gan you give me some info on adjusting the tREF? How to convert the 200mhz / 3.9us into the values you get to choose from in the bios?

reaper,

Yes, the EL Platinum Revision 2 PC3200 is known for its awesome overclocking up to 300+ while maintaining CAS2.5 timings at 1T.

Mr. White,

I'm on air cooling...

Right now I'm using the Thermalright XP-120 heatsink w/ 120mm Panaflo fan, but let me just note that this overclock of 312x9 was also done with the stock cooler.

Anyway, I took some screenies of BIOS....here they are:

bios12eh.jpg

bios23py.jpg

bios32gt.jpg

Mr. White,

I'm on air cooling...

Right now I'm using the Thermalright XP-120 heatsink w/ 120mm Panaflo fan, but let me just note that this overclock of 312x9 was also done with the stock cooler.

2.8GHz with stock cooling!? What's the room temp?

I am prime stable at 314X9 right now. I am running prime at 315x9 as I write this. I have tested this RAM in memtest at 322 at 2.5-4-3-8 2.9vdimm. so I hope to get a little more out of the processor.

The weird thing is the SD 3700+ has up to 11X multi. I cannot get any settings to work above 2700MHZ in X10 or X11, but can run over 2800MHZ with the X9 multi! I am at a loss for this. I would much rather run 280-285 X 10 as my RAM will do 2.5-3-3-6 2.9vdimm below 285HTT. I have read other posts on this quirk with the SD 3700+, so it may just be a Bios tweak that can be done in another revision. I have used the 414-1, -2, and -3 with pretty much the same results.