How could water help 90nm ????

As many of you have I've studied hardware for a while to overclock, it's a hobby/obsession partly because I'm cheap. The more I OC the more I save. :nod: Recently I've been studying cooling and I feel like I have water cooling down pat even though I've never actually done it. I mean were the he!! can you get a water/gpu block for a decent value <----- (if you have tools build them put them on ebay they will come) anyway to the point I understand how supercooling helps if its COLDER than ambient but these 90nm cpu's stay cool anyway. I mean I'm feeding 1.64V into my 3200 revie hey <---- I just came up with that instead of vinnie rev. e = revie oh well. and it stays 30c to 40c . So why would I ever benefit overclocking with water if my temps were just a few degrees cooler.

ps. does anyone know what type of material i.e. pump/tubing/metals you can put different fluid in like ether or alcohol or another fast evaporating solvent. :drool:

What the Fu(* is the internet JaY

if you do your watercooling right, then the water temps never get much above ambient temps

and

water is more efficient cooling than air, and can help pull heat off the item it is cooling faster than air can (you can usually use more voltage with water, and even more with sub-zero, which in turn can lead to higher overclocks...the A64's do not like voltage much unless you can really get the heat removed from the extra voltage you are supplying quickly and efficiently)

another benefit of water is quietness...properly done, you wont have nearly the noise you would with air cooling

if you REALLY want to check out watercooling, get ahold of CPU Killer at these forums, or pm me for his email address (he works for Danger Den). He can explain things much much better and set you on the right path.

btw, as you probably know, going cheap usually gets you very little...

A cheap water cooling effective solution is the Koolance Exos AI, you'll spent about 250$ total for blocks, units. Assuming you are cooling CPU, GPU. It has good cooling, and small factor and good price. DIY can be more powerful however bang for your buck, I would go with the Exos.

dude, Ocing is not being cheap. Its an art form. As simple as

that

Thats a fact I have the receipts to prove its not cheap. With my watercooling my CPU idle temp. is 27 to 28 degress C. vcore 1.6V Prime95 large HTT torture test 37 degress C.

PS I have the receipts hidden from my wife.

does anyone know what type of material i.e. pump/tubing/metals you can put different fluid in like ether or alcohol or another fast evaporating solvent. :drool:

Well here's a Water Cooling write up I made from the other forum I belong to. You can build a nice setup for about $200 with only a CPU block, ~$250 if you include a GPU block. I get good temps even with a lot of vcore. Good luck on your build/purchase.

Are you silly :nod: art is finess I'm ugum long stroking this thing beating it into shape ;) . Ya it took alot of money to put together my system but opposed to buying an FX-55 :drool: , 2G corsair ell extreem, 2 raptors :drool: and a DFI sli deluxe :drool: I saved alot of money and by ocing I'm only 3 or 4 % slower instead of 10%. I've slowly upgraded and sold off my previous parts on ebay too. Look I know this is a free site sponsored by DFI and danger den doesnt hurt but you don't have to use that stuff which is EXTREEMLY overpriced :angel: , a good inline aquarium pump (or sub) a heater core a couple of fans some 1/2 tubing from a hardware store and some clamps your ready to go except for the blocks. That is what I'm saying these blocks are crazily overpriced they should cost about $10 to $15 not $40 to $80. I could easily make them if I had the tools sell them on ebay and steal the market.

My question has never been answered though how could water cooling help with a cpu that doesn't overheat already if you cpu stays at 30c to 45c then is it feezable to say heat isn't the limiting factor i.e my 3200 revie is limited to 2600 prime stable at no more than 45c at load with 1.65v I know my limiting factor is my cpu as I underclocked my ram and ht. So theoretically if I lowered my temps to 35c at load at 2700 would it be prime stable?

And the other question is has anyone ever put a solvent in there "water cooling" system?

I idle at 32C running 2.2GHz, and it might hit 36C after a few hours of gaming. When I was doing my 2.6GHz speed quest, I was maxing out the voltage regulator on my Asus at 2.12V, and was only sitting at 45C.

Water is much better at transfering heat than air, period. You need a big enough radiator to remove the heat from the water, but that's not hard to do.

Why would you want to use something like alcohol? It doesn't have nearly the same heat capacity as water, and it eats tubing. Straight distilled water will perform better, and adding a tiny bit of cooling additive (my favourite is Zerex) is a bit better than that. Water Wetter chunks up over time and dyes your tubing. When using additives like WW or Zerex, tiny bubbles can form easier which slightly reduces the effectiveness of the cooling.

i can second that it aint cheap :P, aqua pc when you change your system you dont need to change the kit, except the mounting bracket (about £20), i get about idle temps of 28-30 and thats on my current overclock - see sig, so baiscally dont be a cheap butt when buying the kit, put the money into it now so you dont have to change it later :)

Water is much better at transfering heat than air, period. You need a big enough radiator to remove the heat from the water, but that's not hard to do.Why would you want to use something like alcohol? It doesn't have nearly the same heat capacity as water, and it eats tubing.

WOW your getting close :confused: WTF who told you WATER cools better than ALCOHOL or a SOLVENT?? Have you ever put ether or alcohol on your finger????

This is the basis of my second question WHAT TUBING CAN HOLD UP TO A SOLVENT. Ive read reviews where people do this and I was just wondering if anyone knew I guess not.

I was thinking of peicing together a water system and buying a cheap ($60 at walmart) dorm fridge and running some tubing and the radiator in there and what the hey I could store brew and reece cups in there too ;) . The only problem is it would stay on ALL the time. I'm just trying to get at or below ambiant without paying $500 to $900 for supercooling.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frankenstein never scared me..... marsupials do...... cause there fast!

dont diss DD.. there prices are reasonable.... and no you dont haev the tools... because CNC machining is expensive.... and machining equiptment is also expensive.. and for a machinist to sit down and knock a couple of bases out cost's alot too.. so dont diss DD... there stuff rocks. the best of the best.. and personally i agree you dont have to go that route... i think that garden hose... pond pump... junkyard Heatercore and a DD block would do good... but... do you want garden hoses... and pond pumps keeping your rig alive? really... get real.. there stuff is expensive because QC is high.. and your chances are like 2000% less of having troubles using their products. as apposed to garden hoses and used car parts.

water aborbs heat much better than alchohol... known fact.

alchohol and solvents dont freeze.. that why you see people running it in there loops... but you need some water in there.. cause alchohol sucks at heat dissapation... so.. yea water cools better than AIR and Alchohol..

period.!