DFI NF4 BIOS Memory Guide

Eow.......

sox :(

i can sell'em anytime i want, but.....whats next?

Tell me some brand, reference: not the link to another thread cuz ive read a lot until now about bh-5-6 Ch- UTT, TCCD

Something that YOU had tested! About 300mhz ;) No too much vdimm.

Would you plz?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was suffering the cold boot issue so I decided to buy a Plat rev.2 kit and sell VX one.

I don't know if my ram is TCCD or TCC5 (I don't know how to check it). Yesterday I received my kit and started testing it. Currently I am running at 280x8 stable but I can't get 285 without errors. Now I am trying to find my limiting factor. I will play with timings and values from this guide but... Leaving timmings aside, I would like have better knowledge about how do some other bios settings that could be the limiting factor.

V chipset: I use to leave it default. My chipset is usualy at nearly 50º. Therefore, I don't raise it. Can it be a limiting factor?

LDT: I never raise this voltage. Does it help on something?

LDT Multi: I leave it on auto but I've noticed that it's at 280x4. This night I will try with 3x

Can someone tell me something on these three settings?

When I am sure they are ok, I'll play more with timings a little more before posting my results asking for people for suggestions on how could I better my results.

PD: I'm spanish (sorry for my english)

Is it real that 510-3 is a generic bios and 510-1 is only for TCCD?

-1 3.26 dram table - tcc*

-2 3.16 dram table - ch/bh

-3 3.10 dram table - both/misc.

you should try all 3 to see which works best for you. ex: 510-1 worked best for my UTT BH.

-1 3.26 dram table - tcc*

-2 3.16 dram table - ch/bh

-3 3.10 dram table - both/misc.

you should try all 3 to see which works best for you. ex: 510-1 worked best for my UTT BH.

Where can i see the specification of all 510-1/2/3 bios? And Where can I get those ram tables?

I knew that 510-3 is TCCD bios and 510-1 is for both types of ram. Now I see that this is changed: 510-1 is for TCCD and 510-3 is generic.

See u here http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/other/114

U are very cake... :drool:

lol..

Did I mention that was with 4x512mb's..hehe.. :nod:

Honestly, you really have to try different bios yourself and see which ones work for you.. I tend to get pretty dam close to my regular clocks with most bios versions.. Its just with some you might need to use different timings to achieve the same clocks..

Congratulations!!!

It reminds me the old time back at late 80's when we design (and build) small microcomputers for specific jobs in college with Z-80 and 6502 (which remember Spectrum???)

Excellent again.

Mmmmm.. Good memories the Spectrum zx-81 was my first computer with 48Kram, i remember using a ghettoblaster 4 times bigger than the spektrum to load games from :nod:

Btw guys.

I'm a bit confused about what bios i should use, i'm currently using version 310 and its working fine(i think), as i understand there is 3 versions of the 510 bios to different brands of ram.. i'm a Mushkin owner what version would u recommend i use :confused:

I tryed the search function but that gets me even more confused.. i know that the 510 version support venice cpu's, but is my mushkin TCCD, BH blabla :confused:

thanks in advance.

Xeen