DFI NF4 BIOS Memory Guide

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My misstake on the name, the one I said is the one you've found :D

it's not meant to be a configuration guide for the end user but for the bios maker, so they tell some tips and quirks about calculations to be done to get the timings right.

It's a very long doc but if you look for the "DRAM Configuration" section, that one isn't too long and talks about what I said :D

The other stuff is juicy info, too, but not so directly related to dram parameter programming

Sounds like an excellent idea-----Pull the applicable portions out----send it to me in a Word or PDF file-----I will post it ----give credit-----and put a link to it in this guide.

Let me know by PM and I'll give you my email address to send it to.

John

Sounds like an excellent idea-----Pull the applicable portions out----send it to me in a Word or PDF file-----I will post it ----give credit-----and put a link to it in this guide.

Let me know by PM and I'll give you my email address to send it to.

John

As for the credits, just give them to the AMD boys as I did nothing but reading it :D

You'll have my PM in just a few minutes...

• 1 month later...

Dave_Sz,

I had problems like yours. I just change Skew Rate from 4 to 2.. and now my system is stable in window. Try to ajust the best Skew Rate and Drive Strength for your sticks to get more stability.

Guest sweeper

I've changed to a FX57 and would like for someone to recommend a memory setup for this CPU. I had my BIOS setup for a 4000+ Clawhammer. Also, which BIOS version should be used for this CPU?

Thanks

Bringing back the dead.

The more you use memtest the more you realize it's crap. I can run my memory at 310mhz in memtest for days, as soon as I get into windows and SuperPi, it gives me errors.

Memtest will usually only find broken memory cells, but not memory corruption anywhere between the actual chips and the CPU (which is more common in overclocking).

Also, memtest doesn't heat the system up to the same amount that a real-life test does.

• 3 weeks later...