DFI NF4 BIOS Memory Guide

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this guide has helped me with countless customer rigs that show up with all sorts of different memories that needs to be made stable...sometimes the stable settings are a little slower than what someone else can get...but reading this and going through it setting by setting trying this or that can really get you where you need to be...too bad some are just not patient enough (overclockers) and some just won't go reading and getting their hands dirty. ;)

Thx johnrr6, after reading your post and tweaking the memory settings. I went from 1757MB/s to 2045MB/s (according to Memtest86+ v1.55). Awesome job johnrr6!!

• 2 weeks later...

any thought on dram response time?? its not on the ram guide. I'm trying to tweak the max out of by ocz vx 3200, now im having trouble passing memtest at 3.4v 250 2-2-2-5 (i get errors on test n5 pretty fast but not a lot like 10 passes i get 20 errors

has anyone tested all the tref values?? i got the best from 4128 and couldnt boot with 0016, im still testing something weird though is that last night i could get stable 250mhz 2-2-2-10 at 3.3v saved the config now i load it and get errors in test nº5

Just purchased a ton of stuff from Newegg (DFI NF4 SLI-DR, 4800x2, and 4 sticks of 512mb Corsair 3200XLPro).

I find out too late that 4x sticks bumps you to DDR333 (doh!) THen I hear you CAN run 4x stick at DDR400 if you tweak other settings such as 2T and voltage.

Can anyone lend a hand explaining what I need to set? I have honestly tried reading throgh the bios guide, but 2T along didn't do anything for stability. Should I be increasing my memory voltage?

I haven't even tried overclocking this bad boy yet, I'm still trying to get the memory stable with 4sticks (ran fine with 2).

I have a Thermalright 90C with a Tornado on top of it, and dual 7800GT in SLI.

Please lend a hand to a new convert from Intel...

THanks muchly!

Sean

ps - first person to help gets punch and pie!

You should write down your settings if you plan to use them again as you should select "optimized settings" once you restart the computer, which will wipe out your old settings.

CJ