Sign in to follow this  
AdminRUFF

Help me overclock! please

ok now im not new to over clocking. buttttttttt see my old system was a amd 2600 and just a click in the bios made it to a 2800. this new stuff i got is very very hard to understand. im not much of a software guy. i can build a dam good pc but the new bios ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

what i have in my PC:::

AMD Athlon 3500 socket 939 clawhammer

XMS Corsair Overclocking Ram 2X512= 1GIG ram dual channle

Geforce XFX 6600 PCI EXPRESS 16X

SATA 10,000 RPM 37.2 GIG Hard Drive

DFI NF4 Ultra-D Mother Board

Evercool Liquid Cooling System

Aspire Aluminum Power Suply with Lights

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2-ZS Platinum Sound Card With remote

now this DFI mother board is supose to be the best over clocking mobo out there. i wanted everything for over clocking and i got it i just dont know how. i need to know step by step how to change what bios settings. if there is anything i can do to tell more info please just ask

ok now im not new to over clocking. buttttttttt see my old system was a amd 2600 and just a click in the bios made it to a 2800. this new stuff i got is very very hard to understand. im not much of a software guy. i can build a dam good pc but the new bios ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

what i have in my PC:::

AMD Athlon 3500 socket 939 clawhammer

XMS Corsair Overclocking Ram 2X512= 1GIG ram dual channle

Geforce XFX 6600 PCI EXPRESS 16X

SATA 10,000 RPM 37.2 GIG Hard Drive

DFI NF4 Ultra-D Mother Board

Evercool Liquid Cooling System

Aspire Aluminum Power Suply with Lights

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2-ZS Platinum Sound Card With remote

now this DFI mother board is supose to be the best over clocking mobo out there. i wanted everything for over clocking and i got it i just dont know how. i need to know step by step how to change what bios settings. if there is anything i can do to tell more info please just ask

Nice set up!

What are your temps?

What do you want to accomplish?

Last what are you willing to risk!!

We Extreeme overclocker take risks every day!

I been in your situation, confused by the A64, but experienced with SocketA.

Same principals apply. If your memory OC's well, set the memory to 1:1, and let 'er rip. There is a memory controller setting (1x-5x), just multiply your FSB by the (1x-5x) and keep it <1000. For example, if you 250 (x4) = 1000, so the max you want to use on 4x is 250.

Now, all the memory settings, there is something that takes a long time to figure out.

I been in your situation, confused by the A64, but experienced with SocketA.

Same principals apply. If your memory OC's well, set the memory to 1:1, and let 'er rip. There is a memory controller setting (1x-5x), just multiply your FSB by the (1x-5x) and keep it <1000. For example, if you 250 (x4) = 1000, so the max you want to use on 4x is 250.

Now, all the memory settings, there is something that takes a long time to figure out.

The 1:1 realy does not apply the same with the a64 as it did with the xp. Always get your memory as fast as you can but if you cpu will do more then you will get better perfomance by using dividers with the a64. This is for certin just do some benchmarks!! :nod:

always back to back benchmark your highest 1:1 fsb overclock and (insert divider here) overclock to see where your getting the best overall performance. sometimes that high fsb on the cpu but low overclock on the ram just won't compete with a 1:1 ratio. it takes time to find out where your system sits best, but then that's all the fun isn't it?

do like Browndog said and start off with Rgone's sticky "get up and going" and go from there. tweak till you get the most you can out of it. you'll do better than some and not as good as others but that's the luck of the draw when it comes to overclocking:)

thanks all. ok what i am wanting to risk? well this system is pretty much safe. if it gets hot then it resets. but anyhow i have tryed to fry it just to see. i know im a moron. i am willing to risk it. but i have tryed a couple of things.

in the FSB Buss freq it is stock 200. well i have tryed everything to make it past 215 with out rebooting its self. if i have it 215 it will run fast buttttttttt if i am in game for more than 30 min it reboots.

For the DRAM Configuration!!!!!!!!!!!

i have no cluew what to do ther. i have went to site to site getting pics and nothing works. i have no clue what any of that stuff is????(INFO PLEASE)

cpu/fsb freq ratio is set auro. i have tryed making it like 5X but it lowers me MHZ?!? i was running at 1.01 MHZ for 2 weks and didnt know.lol

i have my ram set as V3.10 and my startup CPU VID is 1.500 same as cpu vid control 1.500volts

WHAT I CAN DO:::

FSB Bus frequancy 210

CPU VID Startup Value 1.500V

CPU VID Control 1.500V

DRAM Voltage Control 3.10V or 320 forget:/

STOCK RUNNING IS 2.21MHZ

BOOSTED 2.31MHZ

this is all i can do. i have tryed the CPU VID Special control and what ever % i have it(like113%) it reboots.

OK FOR TEMP:::

idle//

board temp 90 deg

CPU temp 98deg

IN GAME(STRESS!!)

Board temp 109 at the highest

cpu 120 at the highest

this temp is with me overclocking to 2.31:) its not all that hot so i want to take her to the max!! i keep playing around but i dont understand most of what this bios has to offer and understand what most of this stuff means.

INFOINFOINFOINFO<------------I NEED

Oh yea. if anyone wants to have there pc cooler at a cheap price go with the evercool system! i mean it. it is so easy to install and really nice item to have. i have ran my PC with this liquid cooling system for 2 months stright and i never seen nothing go bad. 110$ shipped to your door you cant beet it. it dropped me about 15 deg on the cpu. also it came with a GPU. that is a water thing(block) for your video card!!! yes i have my video card water cooled:) hehe

need help with bios! thanks

i do all this and she runs nice and at the same temp

my 3500+ used to do 315fsb 9x multi with 1.75v vcore

the ram was at 180mhz the one under 1:1 with 2.5-3-3-6 timings 3.1v

dont go off temps to much i fried mine giving it between 1.9v and 2v vcore the temp was only 32 deg when it melted two pins to the mobo

the thing that really pisses me off is i see this bench mark called 3dmark03 and 05. i have both. I ONLY GET A 5000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF is wrong with my system. i made sure i bought the best of everything. im going to this site out i have printed it out and here i go:/ http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5866

not to be a pain in the azz to you all but i have spent a total of 6+ hours from ppl telling me how to do it but never does.lol but i will try try try till this PC just goes BOOM!!!