Sign in to follow this  
misteranime

2gb for Lanparty Ultra-D, which to pick?

I defintely will because 2GB kits are fast becoming a reality for all the games that are coming etc

From what AndyOCZ told me about the original pair that i had for a customer, they would top out around 235 (DDR470). Of course each result may vary, and they are guaranteed to only DDR400...but with a divider they might get you a lot higher (since cpu mhz is what you should be interested in more than memory bandwidth as cpu mhz is where all the performance is)

Thanks angry. I realise that dividers are a viable option but still it'd be nice to know what to expect from each brand.

I've seen several people running these sticks with Infineon based modules and they normally top out at <230Mhz. You may get lucky and get 235Mhz. The best 1GB modules right now are the Crucial Value if you want cheap and the Crucial Ballistix if you want expensive. The Ballistix will beat anything currently available in OC'ing and the Value at only around $105 a stick will run up around 230-250Mhz.
Any idea what timings those value sticks have? I looked at the ballistix pc4000 but they are hellishly expensive...

Guest burningrave101
Any idea what timings those value sticks have? I looked at the ballistix pc4000 but they are hellishly expensive...

Timings aren't really very important. They dont really influence your performance much at all but of course neither does RAM speed. They'll run 3-3-3-8 at those higher speeds just like the Ballistix do.

fed ex just delivered the 2gb OCZ platinum, they are sweet , I'm running them at stock timing right now and they are screaming as good or better then theOCZ (2x512)pc-4000 VX gold that I had in there. Sandra scored about 20 point higher.

I am so glad I made the switch, I will be watching this thread (me watch angry) to see what's the best he can do with them :)

Guest Byron

I just got some of this patriot pdc2g3200llx and am currently testing. W/O much tweaking and noticing that this is the bh stuff and not the ce-6 stuff (i heard ce-6 is better according to posts by gasper) I am able to get 240x11 running a divider of 5/6 on my memory with stock memory settings cas 2-3-2-5. Everything else in DRAM settings at optimized defaults. Primed for about an hour but am stable so far while playing games for over 3 hours. Going to prime/memtest and report back.

My question is, is that not my memory is running at ddr 3000(188x2), because of the 5/6 divider. Am I suffering with performance because of this?

240x11 vcore 1.40 110%

5/6 divider

I upgraded from 2x512 ocz stuff(in sig), but even with lower DRAM speed, my games are over twice as smooth. Only thing that looks bad is memory benchmarks.

I cant seem to get any other decent config working w/o running the 5/6 divider.

Let me know what u guys think.

I just got some of this patriot pdc2g3200llx and am currently testing. W/O much tweaking and noticing that this is the bh stuff and not the ce-6 stuff (i heard ce-6 is better according to posts by gasper) I am able to get 240x11 running a divider of 5/6 on my memory with stock memory settings cas 2-3-2-5. Everything else in DRAM settings at optimized defaults. Primed for about an hour but am stable so far while playing games for over 3 hours. Going to prime/memtest and report back.

My question is, is that not my memory is running at ddr 3000(188x2), because of the 5/6 divider. Am I suffering with performance because of this?

240x11 vcore 1.40 110%

5/6 divider

I upgraded from 2x512 ocz stuff(in sig), but even with lower DRAM speed, my games are over twice as smooth. Only thing that looks bad is memory benchmarks.

I cant seem to get any other decent config working w/o running the 5/6 divider.

Let me know what u guys think.

I know you've been around and I'm a noob, but what was the result after doing http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12960 post #4 and #5 ? That will tell you what the real multiplier you can get away with. I'm extremely interested, as my next step will be 1GB sticks also.

Guest Byron

I havent done it exactly that way, but my max FSB is 250 on this setup and the max my RAM can run at is a whoping 225, which would be 450DDR.

This is my current setup, seems to be stable so far and this is the best

240x11=2640

9/10 divider cas 3-4-4-8

VCORE 1.3 +113%

DRAM voltage 2.7

chipset 1.6

LDT 1.3

Settings I have tried and have worked:

250x10

5/6 divider cas 2-3-2-5

240x11

5/6 divider cas 2-3-2-5

same vdore, chipset and LDT every time

All have passed 2 loops of memtest, and alot of game time. prime for about 5hrs.

Wired thing is patriot says their ram will run at 250 with cas 3-4-4-8 but I cant get it to work that high, w/o spending alot more time tweaking and I dont really feel like it right now.

I cannot get this setup to post, and this is what I would like to get:

250x10 with my ram 1/1 cas3-4-4-8.

Hope this helps a bit.

i guess what I was trying to say is that if you 'do it that way', ref http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12960 post #4 and #5, you will automatically know what is the max your memory will do, and that will in turn force you to do the correct divider.

Example,

you find your CPU can do 2500Mhz through O/C testing by the Guide

you find your memory can do 240Mhz through O/C testing by the Guide

So, you try to find the right divider, you first use a 'simple' CPU multi, such as 250 x 10x giving you a 2500Mhz CPU. 250 is now your base, so 250 using a 1/1 divider, would be running your memory at 250Mhz, that's a no-go as it's 10Mhz over your mem max. Using a 10/9 divider would give you a 225Mhz, and that's OK. But it's not close to your memory's max.

This is where you fiddle with the multi to see if there is a better combination. There is no guess work, you use the divider that gets you closest to the max your memory will run. OK, we'll try 277 x 9 multi (still equals 2493Mhz, now 277 is your base you're working with. 277 using a 1/1 is out of the question, now try 10/9, and you get 249Mhz, still too high. A 6/5 gives you 230, which is 5Mhz higher than the 225Mhz, not bad.

There are multiple combinations, but math, forces you to take the correct path.

The clue here is to use the guide to find your CPU's max, then your Memory's max, and then finally, use the math to find the right 'multi/divider' combo that gets the most out the cash you spent. Gotta love math.

Sign in to follow this