Aint no fun - if it aint UV

pics of my new setup - sorry for waiting so long to post

couldnt help myself seeing all them uv reactive bits :cool:

I've incorporated all the following into a Coolermaster Wavemaster case: - except the raptor - sitting in an external icybox-sts:

ZoomeeFX Spec

ZoomeeFX Spec:

AMDFX53 @ 2500Mhz-Dangerden TDX WaterBlock

DFI LanParty NF4 SLI-DR 250FSB

1Gb Corsair 3200XLPro [email protected]/1T @2.90v

MSI RX800XT-VTD256E - DD Maze4 Acetal GPU Block @ 550/500

74Gb Sata Raptor 10Krpm - Icybox sts external blk box

300Gb Seagate NCQ 7200.8 - Internal

Sony DVD-RW DW-D22A Dual Layer Writer

DD Floppy Bay Res, Eheim 1250 Pump - Full 1/2" System

Tagan TG-480-U22 PSU - Combined 30A/12v mode

Custom mod Coolermaster Black aluminium Wavemaster case

-Blue tint side panel with custom mod Matrix Orbital MX212

-Top 120.2 Thermochill radiator (3x120mm Noiseblocker fans)

-1 x 80mm Noiseblocker frnt /intake fan

-1 x blue UV reactive fan /exhaust

-2 x 12" UV cathodes

Creative Audigy 2ZS with i-trigue 3300 2.1 speakers

Iiyama Prolite E430s non-dvi - 17" TFT 1280 x 1024 for everything!

Logitech Mx700 & Dell performance USB K/brd

having a bit of trouble oc-ing as yet - please see my post: FX-53 overclocking assistance - thanks.

PS - Pee's all over my diamond board @ stock - just need to get the oc-ing working now ;>

sorry bouts the poor quality pics - not bad for a motorola v3 phone though :>

21-04-05_0004.jpg

21-04-05_0006.jpg

heh - and b4 u watercooling pros start slagging me - yes i know - the pipes need a clean from the inside :P

PSS - For more info and pics on slapping a 120.2 rad into one of these cases please checkout www.coolercases.co.uk - supplier of all my watercooling and modding bits and bobs :>

• 2 weeks later...

Oh c'mon man. That is way too nice for camera phone pics.

Take some shots and give us the real deal. Case Pic Thread layout!

And get your pipes cleaned as soon as you can :)

heh! :>

couple of extras i've thrown into the equation since I took them pics:

Tagan TG480-U22 PSU

Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS

AND..... I've custom modded the matrix orbital in the front bay - and got it on the side panel - reet at the top - no need to open case to view stats anymore :>

I will take some uber pics once my Sony T7 arrives :) - LOL! - bought one just to take pics of my pc - sad git i am :) - oh and after the wee touches are in place - i.e. Led for the Danger Den GPU block plastic thingie on the back of the gfx.....

still no joy oc-ing - rig looks the part - doesnt act the part though :( - might take out the FX-53 and drop a winchester into the equation.....hmmmmm

• 2 weeks later...

finally got a stable overclock @ 250x10

250x10=2500mhz - - needs only 1.52v so not too hot - i know - but my cpu cant handle anything above 2570 - so the trade off on extra memory bandwidth was worth it overall...

mem 1:1 DDR500 2.5-4-4-7/1T @ 2.9v - EVERYTHING is set to AUTO...

tried 2.5-3-3-7 but had problems rebooting pc - like disk corruption so went a bit laxer @2 .5-4-4-7...still got a 1000MB/s boost on memory bandwidth :>

the 510 bios helped allot :> stable and running sw33t... :cool:

• 1 month later...

Well peeps, decided to take the plung and crack on with it:

A)- strip the FX-53 to its bare bottom - in other words - gunna remove the copper heatspreader on the cpu - bye bye 3 yr warranty

D)- Get the hot raptor back inside the case

E)- Take better pics than these ones with my motorola v5 phone

didnt get round to B and C :) - which were to install new piping and relocate grpahics card to allow chipset block to be fitted!

pics?

DSC00104.JPG

DSC00105.JPG

Got a normal razer blade and chopped off the IHS (Integrated Heatsink and Fan) - put the raptor back into the case as there was better airflow.

Now running 2.6Ghz @ 1.54v!!!!! - yipeeeeeeeeee - mission accomplished.

DSC00107.JPG

By removing the IHS - I noticed from the pic above there was loads of thermal paste between the FX-53's core and the IHS.

My temps used to be 42idle 55load @ 2.5/1.52v

now i'm getting 38idle 45load @ 2.6/1.55v!!!!! - I can push further probably upto 2.7 but my PWMIC circuit is currently up in the 70degrees whilst under load! - need a new case before I can oc further.....

:)

Just thought i'd share my OC endeavours wid ya - PS - Taking the IHS off your CPU invalidates your warranty - I do not sugges anyone else does this to their own - mine was done out of sheer desperation, perseverance, a steady hand, 10yrs of experience - and oh yer - not forgetting the urge to extend my e-penis :)

Seeing all that crap on the core makes me want to remove my heatspreader and clean it off and put some AS5 on there. Did you just put the heatsink right on the core after taking off the IHS? Or did you clean it and put it back on?

obviously cleaned it mate :) - used Isopropyl alchohol to clean my waterblocks and cpu's existing thermal paste off. Applied a wee AS5 to the core - and rubbed a liccle into the waterblock for extra effect.

you can see from the pics that they put tons of thermal paste onto the core - the reason for my high temps under load - as i only applied a touch of AS5 - just enough to thinly cover the core using credit card trick.

I wouldnt recommend it if your getting ok temps - but I used to get VERY high cpu load temps - but its amazing that putting the waterblock directly onto the core worked a treat - -10degrees off load temps :):) :shake: :)

sitting comfortably full prime stable (4hrs somat) @ 2.6 260x10 or 200x13 - doesnt make that much difference either

scores for 3dmark2001se are:

260x10 = 29100ish - mem @ DDR520/2.5-3-3-10

200x13 = 28750ish - mem @ DDR400/2-2-2-5

now I have to find a way of cooling my PWMCI as its currently sitting @ 60degrees :( before I can push the cpu further......

/zoomee eyes up teh stacker case :>

PS - you have to be VERY careful you dont damage the core - My waterblock has spring screws that I tightened at half turns each to ensure the waterblock is resting on my core level - If you chip the core - u had it!

Well my temps aren't bad or anything. About 23C idle and 30C load at 1.9 ghz. But if just cleaning off the core and reapplying as5 will reduce temps further, maybe 22C, 28C in my view that would be well worth it. Especially considering I have plans to overclock well past 1.9ghz.