Sign in to follow this  
Robsmeister

[RESOLVED]LEVEL 1 DRIVE STRENGTH>> NF4-Ultra-D Venice/No SSE

Hey Guys,

I've got a problem.

I've a new AMD 3500+ VENICE E-Stepping and BIOS 310p.

When SSE/SSE2 instructions are enables this porcessor doesn't boot into Windows and i cant install Windows. But if it is switched off, i can run Windows and install it.

But so i don't have SSE1/SSE2/SSE3.

What is wrong with my Processor (my winchester runs with enabled SSE-instructions)??

As explained in the FAQ, include a sig with all your hardware and relevant software information. We know what board you are using and what CPU your are using and what bios you are using but we have no idea what software you are using, what PSU you are using, what the other components in your system are and oh so many different things that we need to know before we can help you. For example, you could be talking about Windows 1.0 or maybe Longhorn and there is a big difference depending which one your refering to

So please read the FAQ and include all the important info you you can expect no help.

I dont have a Venice cpu to test with until this coming week, but I have a SanDiego core that works perfect with 3.10 bios or later (you should add your bios version to your sig)

Update your bios to one of the 3, 414 bioses I found that helped. I also found my corsair ram would only work with a drive strength of 3. Anything else would cause BSOD's.

Worked fine with a winchester but the venice is a totally different beast as I had it pointed out to me.

Today i tried again 414-3 bios.

i flashed and made CMOS reset.

And then without "loading optimized Defaults" i got intio windows with SSE (seen in CpuZ).

But it was 11*193 MHz.

Then i got into BIOS and made a setting (Ram from 2,6 to 2,8V) and saved.

And i didn't came into Windows.

I switched the power supply off, and waited 10 min then i switched on and erverythink works.

I don't understand what is going on with this Mainboard/Cpu!?

leave your ram at 2.8v, reduce yoru timings to 3,4,4,8. Play around with your drive strength. There are 8 settings try each one.

""I don't understand what is going on with this Mainboard/Cpu!?""

Good candidates for quirkiness are:

1. 1024 MB Corsair XL Rev. 1.2 .

2. BQT P5-420W-S1.3 .

RGone...

yea your PSU is definitely on the weak side of things and there have been reported problems with the crosair ram and this mobo.

yes your PSU sucks a bit but some people have had no issues with less than perfect PSU's but your milleage will vary.

corsair works fine you just have to find the right settings.