onbard snd vs Card in sig.

Jamming to kid rock with A test speaker set that is about 87 decibles give or take a few. (its maxxed har har ! ) Actually hootie & the blowfish ATM.

(I am on the kargen on the dfi bord and sys in my sig below, minus the SC ! )

Kargen module seems happy with current codecs and I dont think the boss (we are a two mAn team) will notice the difference. *(*guess who is tech support, but I am well Paid.) Should I bother installing the SCard in my sig ?

wow, typo mania........... Anywqay, sys shows all drivers eaten and windoze updated and all is a green light aND its copestetic and groovy. (betcha never thunk I coulda done that.)

Anyway, Swampworks, (my insane compatriot upriver/swamp about five miles) has the scrap metal onhand for the next level of modding. Right now its something stainless with nonstok fans, but I dont think the welds will be pretty. (arr capn) I showed dude some threads today and he saw to many case mods today and evil is abounding in the swamp.

BTW I count the install stable with stock 3/10 bios and We are figuring out what board to mod into what next. Err a DFI board in something odd/ tea canister of plasticoated stainless perhaps..... who knows, the seed is planted and swampy is now bragging he is advanced, but little ole me still is about a whole step ahead. *and dude is about a brick shy of a load. Need to get him card modding as his local nickname *(amongst us fellows) is nostratesaladamas

Tomorrow depends on the sailng of the seas ~! Arrr,,,,,,,,,, 5 am revilee and work to do. sooner or later I will have it all aced. Over and out. Roger roger, Arr, tis the plank for the dullards.

OBTW got prime and couple other tools this afternmoon. mui more competant now but still behid the curve for now... Thats life an all that for getting in the way. But its a means to an end and I want to build another DFI board asap as I am ruined now.

But BTW ,thanks DFI ! This is the level I have not attained before. Nothing lile a bit of impetus to spark the mod within me.

Also, I am not going for liquid on the vid card but I am contemplating modding the case. (no sweat, a dremmel is childs play.) But I need a left and a right Slot fan.

(one goes over and one under to suck heat off the vid card as I see it as a potential Long term issue. ) Now I have to look for one.

NO worries, I will cast my own red brass fittings if necessary and mod a slot fan to be upside down if I cant fing one. I checked the deminsions and my slot fan on my current pc is applicable as it is within tolerance.

We have the technogy and 80 years combined redneck and thats gotta count for something. Arrr ! you should be outdoors ! EdwaRD teach (look him up)

i only use the Audigy2 for my personal rigs.

the sound is better, the hardware acceleration is better....I mean no matter how good onboard sound is, it just is not going to beat a $100 sound card ;)

dont get me wrong, the onboard sound on our Nvidia chipset boards are good....but never as good as a quality card like you have!

Ok, I see and agree. Since it aint broke, I shouldnt be afixin it. I will ditch S.Card in sig as the Kargen seems more than adequate. *(just after I wire 1394 ports into the case to accept external imput of Vid/sound)

I Just checked an Etta James track on my test and home setup with good /decent sound. The "Northern Exposure" soundtrack has some good audio testing tunes. And they also blasted rather well, but I only have 2 X sets of 2 x hi and 1 x low and not home theatre.

I ran a bit of the mersaine prime and for some reason 'quiet and cool" has been enabled from the get go (CPU fan heat sensitive and cycles from off to full 3k revs or somthing. )

Still, I am about to consider some mods to keep the DFI board happy. Here (locally) it is humid and hot so electronics pay a premium. (*saltwater breeze's wreaks havock)

Gonna mini mod the case and add 2 x SLOT fans I think... I need an under draw and over draw Slot fan for the V 'card. I have space and just have to make a Support as I (A: don't trust Quick secure case slots, B : I want to prevent any incidental card slop / bumping /whatever that could short out the sys/board.)

I Just have to fix it right once and its all good. THanks for and to DFI board community and all that thar data stufff for more info than I should have.

In the mod, I am building a Vid card stand Off and a inverted Slot fAN (hopefully they already make the slot fan upside down. )

Arrr. "Edward Teach" (noT~!)

if you use your rig to record incoming (like i use mine to lay tracks down from my guitar/pre-amp and add effects to the guitar/preamp) then you defintely do NOT want to use onboard sound.

onboard sound does about 500ms or worse, where the Audigy2 can do 1-2ms latencies, which is excellent for that sort of thing.

like i said, i always test the boards with onboard sound first...but then when I make them my own, my brother's, or my gf's, I ALWAYS put an Audigy/Audigy2 in them ;)

Onboard sound cards made in '96, perhaps... ;)

I used 5ms when producing with my nForce2 board, and 15ms these days (since that's the lowest ASIO latency I can select, wtf?).

Karajan module, of course.

ive been using onboard sound with my intel rig ive been happy with it until now. it seems to fade in and out the sound. im trying an audigy 2zs for the first time but i dont know if i want to get 5.1 or 7.1 speakers im currently shopping around and i want eax certified speakers as well. or is it thx dam cant ever remember.

i want eax certified speakers as well. or is it thx dam cant ever remember.

THX certification is a level of performance that the system can provide. Just having THX does not mean it will sound better out of the box. You have to spend some time getting things setup for the best possible sound quality.

If you spend the money on THX certified speakers, you really should get a THX certified sound card like the SB Audigy 2zs. It has the proper controls built in to get the best from your system.

I've got the SB Audigy 2zs and Logitech Z-680's for my media system and I'm blown away by the accuracy of the system when watching/listening to movies and even over the air TV.

THX certification is a level of performance that the system can provide. Just having THX does not mean it will sound better out of the box. You have to spend some time getting things setup for the best possible sound quality.

If you spend the money on THX certified speakers, you really should get a THX certified sound card like the SB Audigy 2zs. It has the proper controls built in to get the best from your system.

I've got the SB Audigy 2zs and Logitech Z-680's for my media system and I'm blown away by the accuracy of the system when watching/listening to movies and even over the air TV.

Yup pretty much what he said. Rember that one of the most inportant things for sound quality with spekers is placement.

Rember that one of the most inportant things for sound quality with spekers is placement.

Working with less than optimum speaker placement is one of the benefits of using the SB Audigy 2zs. The THX calibration allows you to correct your speaker placement in the room.

My TV is centered in the room but the entertainment center has the TV on the right hand side of the cabinet(thanks Lovey). I'm able to correct for the unbalanced speaker placement through the interface. This makes a world of difference in the sound field across the front channels.