Case Pressure Problem?

I recently bought a 3R System Audi XP case and put in 2 Sunon 80mm 5500rpm fans - one rear outake the other front intake. I've got the front one hooked up to a rheobus but find that turning it up from 7V to 12V actually raises my CPU & GPU temps up 2-3 degrees C (the rear fan is stuck on 12V until I get an extension cable). Looking at the front of the case with the plastic panel on, there doesn't seem to be a lot of room for the fan to suck in air - so it seems that in my case a more negative pressure produces a lower case temperature. Any comments/solutions?

is the room your pc is in hot? my cpy temp went up 5 degrees this week cuz the weaher has been extremly hot :angry:

if your room is hot, your pc is sucking in hot air so that is prob why it increases temps

just my opinion but it could be millions of things hard tellin without knowing EXACTLY how everything is placed in your case

Cheers for the replies - my room's not that hot, it's winter in NZ so is bout 19 deg C in here. I'll get some rounded IDE cables and see if that increases the air flow. One of the main reasons I got this case is the front air vent and I'll be craped if I don't use it!!!

Try getting a different fan, or modding the case slightly to see if you could increase the airflow to that front fan, it might be a faulty fan or even it rubbing against smething bcos that could cause heat.

not the best ideas but they might work

negative air pressure thats what you want more air leaving than coming in

You really want balanced air flow. An equal amount of hot air removed, is replaced by an equal volume of cool air to takes its place. Its all about volume. The more you can flow the cooler the case.

Some people have advocated postive pressure environments (like what you actually described) to stave off dust build up but as long as you dont induce a significant negative pressure environment in the case and employ some filters on the intake fans you shouldnt have to worry about dust build up.

Would all exhaust work? Or all intake work better? I know it works great if you can get balanced airfow, but if you created a vacuum in the case or a high pressure enviroment surely it would work better??? All vacuum would cause zero heat transfer from the heatsink though bcos of the lack of air molecules etc inside of the case, and a high pressure would cause too much heat to be kept inside of the case. So the best system would be to have all the lower fans as intake (blowing air into the case) and then a blowhole (or 2!) at the top of the case to suck air out???

Sorry thinkin on the spot so it doesnt make much sense!!!!

Any ideas?

i have had more luck having more exhaust an less intake from 3 different cases.....2 of my cases had 2 exhaust fan spots and only one intake spot so evidently it must be better to have more exhaust.

2 of my cases had 2 exhaust fan spots and only one intake spot so evidently it must be better to have more exhaust.

Alot of case manufacturers will just put as many fans as will fit as an afterthought to the design. Keep in mind unless you have gone through the process of completely sealing your case, if you have more exhaust fans than intake , atmospheric will push air into the case to help fill the void from ANY available openings. This will include CD and DVD drive faces. You like having dirty air flow and settling across all those nice optical lenses??

I would much rather pull fresh air in through a filtered intake fan then through all the little cracks and crevices of the case design.