Temperatures Of What?

There are three temperatures being reported by the sensors on my NF3 250GB board. One is the CPU, but exactly what are the other two? Is one my NF3 chip? In addition, which fans headers are linked to which temperature sensor? I know the CPU affiliation.

I need to know more about all things, but today, I'll try this.

1. Is the PWMIC temp (small circle is sensor/ Large circle is IC chip)

2. Is the system temp sensor

The system fan header is the one in the middle of the board and the PWMIC is the one at the bottom.

nf31.jpg

Sorry, but that doesn't tell me much.

Specific quesion. Is there a sensor that monitors the temperature of the NF3 chip itself?

If there is, does the fan header at the bottom of the board react to it?

If the fan header at the bottom of the board does not react to a sensor on the NF3 chip, waht sensor does it react to? What temperature does that chip monitor?

What does "System Temperature" mean? Is it the temperature of the PCB itself? If not, what temperature is "System temperature"?

Updated the pic to be a little clearer.....there is no sensor to monitor the NF3 chip itself.

The PWMIC sensor monitors the large chip right underneath it ( this chip controls the voltage to CPU).

"System Temperature" is basically the air temp inside the computer case ( of course actual temps can differ from one part of the case to another, but it gives you a general idea).

Thanks. I wish I could monitor the temp on the Board Chip. I've installed an ICEBERG 4 Pro vga cooler, and it's plugged into the bottom fan header. May not be a good place for it, but, I'll just set the Full On temp in the BIOS to very low so it's always on, and everything should be all right.

yes theres no temp for the nf3 chip, but without a fan it gets hot to the touch for me.. with the fan it stays cool. thats all there was to it.

a small fan w/ hotglue inthe corners stuck to the sink is perfect.