Sign in to follow this  
cecco

vdimm capped at 3.2v?

I'm afraid I'm still having issues here with my rig.

I can OC like mentioned above but never go stable on prime95 blend or memtest. I'll pass super pi 32m 3dmark2001se, 3dmark2005 and OCCT 30 min test but not the rest.

I've run memtest86+ all test with 30 passes for a total of 8 hrs but I seem to get 1 error like 1 or 2 hrs into it.

Prime 95 can't get past 52 min.

The reality check came when I went back to stock and still get the errors. When I tried to run my OCZ PC4000 at 2.6v at 2-3-3-8, prime would fail just after 7 min! :confused:

Is it my PSU?

even worse is it bad ram?

Help!

It took me a while to find a sweet spot with this ram. For your ram to run at 200 5-2-2-2 you should need only 3.1 to 3.2 volts. It also likes tight timmings. Go to Genie bios and try these settings and see if they help. There in the same order in genie bios. These settings should work all the way to 250 - 260mhz, only then should you need 3.4 to 3.5 volts. And try 3/16 or 4/14-2 BIOS.

Enable

05 or 07

07 or 09

01 or 02

Auto

Enable

Auto

Level 6

Level 2

6.0 or 7.0

4.0 or 5.0

Enable

08X

07X

Disable

Thank you for the timings!

I was able to isolate the error on memtest to test 7. I am currently looping it and going for pass 4 with no errors thus far. Memory is currently at 3.3v, but i'll probably scale it back.

Do you do certain memtest tests only or all of them, and for how long?

brantk1977 thank you for posting those timings. I ran memtest test 5,7 and 8 at 10 passes each with no errors. I'm going to cross my fingers when I prime95 overnight.

Thanks to all DFI-STREET members out there for the help.

Update:

I was unable to pass prime95 overnight. It did however have its longest run since I began testing my new build, failing a little over 5 hrs.

I'm going to try using 3.1v and see if that makes a difference. If anybody out there with the same kind of RAM can give me some more suggestions I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

thanks brant, your timings helped allevaite some headache for my bh5. however i am having an issue with .5x multi's and dividers. this is while testing with yellow slots. i will switch back to orange and report back my findings. yellow seems to do well for 1:1.

What CPU clock speed and voltage are you running at. And I generaly run 25 complete passes on memtest. One more thing, my PC4000 VX didnt like more than 3.4 volts in the orange slots. I flashed to the 4/14-2 bios and now run them in the yellow slots with as much volts as needed. I now have my ram stable at 260mhz at 7-2-2-2, but my CPU doesnt want to do a lik over 2.75.

brantk, did you see the biggest improvement when switching to a different bios, slots or increase in voltage (thought you ran at 3.1v)? I tell I'd really hate to have to remove the module from slot 4 under the 7700cu.

CPC enable. Where do I find this? It's not in the DRAM setting section on my bios, I use 3/10.

Thanks again

I am now testing at 3.4 volts, 255mhz, X11 multi, CPU 2.8 @ 1.6 volts. Ram is in the yellow slots. 4/14-2 bios is the only one that let me go past 3.4 volts. Try 3.2 volts for 5-2-2-2 200mhz. And from what ive been reading these 3700 San Diegos arnt overclocking as high as the beta samples that were first released. Mine needs 1.6 volts to be stable at 2.75. Thats still not a bad overclock I must say. I really recommend flashing to the 4/14-2 bios for the VX ram. As far as CPC in the 3/10 bios I dont remmber where that is.

i cant hit past mid 230's in orange. in yellow i can do 250+. on yellow no divider or .5 works. i get freezing right after device/irq check (after POST). in orange .5 and divider works.

man i dont feel safe pumpin 3.5 to get more out of it 1:1, 24/7, as i cant use a divider. too bad coz this cpu clocks not too shabby;) already at 2.75 at around ~1.58'ish, from initial testing.

414-2 doesnt like 11x multi. 414-3, np with 11x.

cmon oskar, lets fix this divider and .5 bug with the yellow...