Sign in to follow this  
cecco

vdimm capped at 3.2v?

I'm in need of some help please. I have a NF4 lanparty Ultra-D with a San Diego 3700+, OCZ 2x512mb PC4000 VX, eVGA 6800GT all running off a Tagan 480W PSU.

When I try to select a higher voltage of say 3.4, my selection is limited to 3.2, there is nothing else higher than that (I switched the jumper). I'm afraid that if I want to take advantage of the tight timings of the VX I'm going to need more than that. I believe the PSU is adequate, is there anybody out there that knows how to increase vdimm?

So far I failed all memtests at this voltage and prime95 blend fails within seconds. I'm afraid If I don't come up with a solution I'll have to go back to 2.6v at 3-4-4-8.

in order to use the 3.3 and above you need to set a vid value anything ecept auto works i am at 240 fsb and use 1.3volts with a vid special of 123%

I'm a little confused. I thought the vid selections applied to CPU voltage only. I don't understand how raising the CPU volts by a percentage will yield greater volts on the RAM.

I just tried it and you are right :nod: the higher voltage shows up! Thank you for your help.

no problem i had to figure it out to, trust me though your in the right place to get advice these guys know what they are talking about. ;)

Hey I noticed your running your VX at 2-2-2-5, mine is at 2-2-2-8. Have you tested it at my current settings? If so going down to 5 has it shown any performance improvent in benchmarks for you?

For the time being I plan on running Prime95 overnight at what I have now, but I was just curious for next time.

So far so good. All calculations are passing, CPU temp at 43C at 1.42v. :cool:

If tonight all goes well the overclocking begins tomorrow.

it seems to have helped me in my iverest scores as i am hitting over 7000 read and 2757 write but my 3d mark 03 is only a few pints higher. have you took the time to burn the sticks in yet? after i burnt them in for about twenty four hours of memtest 86 then it let me hit 230 2-2-2-5 then i got brave and just to see if it would work i set my cas latency to 1.5 and it still was plenty stable. if you do burn in i would use 2-2-2-10 timings and let it run overnite at least.

Hey newbie, I woke up this morning and prime95 blend failed after 2hrs. at 3.4v 2-2-2-8 at 200mhz fsb. Before I left for work I upped the voltage to 3.5v to see if that would help.

I know the CPU is not the problem since the I can run the burn test on prime95 that uses little memory just fine.

If the higher voltage doesn't work I'll try to stick a fan somewhere to blow accross the memory and see if that makes a difference. I have a zalman 7700cu blowing right on top the memory modules and a side 92mm fan that should be taking airflow across them as well right now so let's see if that helps.

Thanks again for the help. :)

you really want to get a fan blowing right on them if your going to use those voltages, the highest i use is 3.4 but i have an 80mm fan blowing right on them.

to pass prime at 200 i only needed 3 volts you might be giving it to much i hit 245 when i use 3.4v. have you let memtest run for 24 hours yet?

You're right angry games. I got the VX at 3.3v and it's doing fine. I'm working on the CPU right now I'm currently my 3700+ is running at 2640Mhz 1:1 at 240 FSB LDT X4 with 1.5v VID. It's passed the OCCT 30 min test. I'm going to try prime95 overnight to see if it really is stable.

Any suggestions on where to go from here?

3.3 is working great for me but i seem to be stuck at 240 which is great considering its the value vx. everybody at this forum thanks for all the great info its helped me to get everything figured out to get up to 240 1:1

i can do 245 but its not totally stable and not even close to passing prime.