Sign in to follow this  
Tropikal

What Memory Controller is best for OC on the Winnie ?

Well I tired asking somewhere else but the point of the thread always ends up somewhere else so here is the question fair and square...

What is/are the on-chip controller/s that allow for a more stable and possibly more extreme overclock on the Winchester ?

If you could all chip in i m sure we could all get a better idea of where to throw our money ;)

Simply reply with the # of your controller and the type of overclock you achieved that should give everybody an idea

Ditto. CBBIDs usually NOT very good. At least the late ones. Very painful to get even 2500-ish stable...

Exceptions MAY be those rare MPM coded ones (they are assembled from random batches of chips, therefore they may or may not be from the week announced) but in general you won't find too many happy CBBID overclockers...

edit: just read your post again... you're interested mainly in mem controller...

Now that may be more hard to compare as peeps with so different RAMs doing what they do with it...

I'd say mem controller of my CBBID may not be so sucky as its pure overclockability...

My CBBID 0505 blows chunks. Starts to get flakey around 2.5 GHz. Oh well, that's the breaks in the old CPU game. Never know what you're going to get.

I have been looking alot at the overclocks of CBBID 05xx and it sure seems to me that they all have the same overclocking ability (up to 2.5) no matter what the speed rating. AMD's binning must have been tight in those weeks. I would have bought a 3000+ or 3200+ instead of a 3500+ and saved a good chunk of cash to get to the exact same overclock.

Maybe I'll know better next time, but probably not.........

m :)

I'd go with a venice if you are buying, they should be much better in general (not very many people have them yet, and binning is probably going to be tight as well). Whats the best? A 0448 CBBHD that clocks to 3.0 on GREAT air or good water. CBBHD's in general have better controllers. I think the cbbid in my sig has a [email protected] controller since it won't go past 2.35 ghz no matter what voltage (need 1.62 to be stable at the above clock), and doesn't seem to like my winbond ch-5 (possibly a bios prblm).

Sam

This got to be the shizziest oc ever made by a human being .. if i ever find out that even a monkey was able to get a better oc i ll attempt suicide..

Well ladies and gents this is the actual best ... hmmm ONLY would be more accurate.. overclock i achieved up to this point.

U wana know how i did it ? Simple, just plug random numbers into the genie settings page .. (since the 29725 studied combinations that people have successfully tried before me did not result in an overclock that could hold occt for 5 secs i decided to go with the flow)

I guess i was inspired cause this is the FIRST STABLE OC I GET !! UNREAL i am laughing so hard right now i can barely type. Now from STABLE to GOOD there is a glalaxy inbetween.. but we won't mention that..

Here is the numbers (i'll get a pic up tomorrow):

In order as in A64 Tweaker not as in BIOS

CAS (tcl) 2.5

(trc) 10

(Trfc) 14

(Trcd) 4

(Trrd) 2

(Tras) 8

(Trp) 4

(Twr) 2

(Twtr) 2

(Trtw) 2

Refresh rate 200 Mhz 3.9us

R/W Queue Bypass 8x

Controller mode 128 bit

Ecc Mode Disabled

2T Timing Disabled

Bypass Max 4x

Max Async 7 ns

Read Preamble 5 ns

Idle Cycle limit 16 clks

Dynamic Counter Enable

MEMCLK Freq 200

Multi @ 9.5

CPU Clock 2327 Mhz

Voltage 1.325 with VID 113% ~ Reads as 1.4V

Temp idle ~30 / Temp load ~40

NB Voltage 1.6V

LDT Voltage Default (1.2V i think)

RAM Voltage 2.8V (which in bios reads as in 2.75)

I ll add the controller number tomorrow when i get the other 3500 that i have here on my desk and swap it for a quick test drive.

Cheers

This got to be the shizziest oc ever made by a human being .. if i ever find out that even a monkey was able to get a better oc i ll attempt suicide..

Well ladies and gents this is the actual best ... hmmm ONLY would be more accurate.. overclock i achieved up to this point.

U wana know how i did it ? Simple, just plug random numbers into the genie settings page .. (since the 29725 studied combinations that people have successfully tried before me did not result in an overclock that could hold occt for 5 secs i decided to go with the flow)

I guess i was inspired cause this is the FIRST STABLE OC I GET !! UNREAL i am laughing so hard right now i can barely type. Now from STABLE to GOOD there is a glalaxy inbetween.. but we won't mention that..

Here is the numbers (i'll get a pic up tomorrow):

In order as in A64 Tweaker not as in BIOS

CAS (tcl) 2.5

(trc) 10

(Trfc) 14

(Trcd) 4

(Trrd) 2

(Tras) 8

(Trp) 4

(Twr) 2

(Twtr) 2

(Trtw) 2

Refresh rate 200 Mhz 3.9us

R/W Queue Bypass 8x

Controller mode 128 bit

Ecc Mode Disabled

2T Timing Disabled

Bypass Max 4x

Max Async 7 ns

Read Preamble 5 ns

Idle Cycle limit 16 clks

Dynamic Counter Enable

MEMCLK Freq 200

Multi @ 9.5

CPU Clock 2327 Mhz

Voltage 1.325 with VID 113% ~ Reads as 1.4V

Temp idle ~30 / Temp load ~40

NB Voltage 1.6V

LDT Voltage Default (1.2V i think)

RAM Voltage 2.8V (which in bios reads as in 2.75)

I ll add the controller number tomorrow when i get the other 3500 that i have here on my desk and swap it for a quick test drive.

Cheers

Dude, that's the same as me. I hate my Winchester. It won't get stable (as in 100% 24h memtest/prime95/OCCT) above 247 HTT no matter how much voltage I throw at it. Damn CBBID 0451 EPMW!

Is anyone gona post something along the lines of .. "XXXXX xxxx DANG This is real good for oc'ing!!" ? Com on peeps..

If you have TCCD memory, take a look at the settings in my signature (click on the "here" link). I have further exploring to do but I have 2 stable setups as shown with a 3500+ 0505 CBBID. I realize that all CPU's and memory are not identical, but it may be a good place to tweak from. It's not the greatest OC, but it is stable and cool running (and quiet too, which I like alot) Hope this helps....

m :)

well you all complain with cbbid's... I got the shittiest cbbhd ever! won't go past 275*9 stable, no matter what reasonable voltage!