Sign in to follow this  
RB2002

Dfi ???

ok i'm getting down to the last part of my parts list for this build (already started ordering). I'm wondering if the DFI Lanparty SLI-DR is the right choice for what i'm going to be using it for (mainly gaming), reason being i'm not planning on trying to overclock the mess out of this board or anything (some minor OCing yes). from reading on the forum i've seen a lot of people having problems getting these things up and running (granted most are due to not enough juice) and i've worked my build out to counteract as much of those problems as possible. I'm deciding between this board and the Gigabyte GA-K8NXP- SLI (supposedly really good for gaming from review, but not so great for OCing) i really don't see myself OCing past the Gigabytes limits since the further you OC the less stability you have but i think the DFI would be even more stable under the same conditions and faster. What do you guys think? (both boards are withing budget)

I was the biggest noob and this forum.. .but also the smartest.

As long as you dont half-butt the parts that you get, and make sure it is all quality, there should be no problems.

99% of all of the posts I read on here with other people with problems are people who didnt post here and get oppinios before they bought their LanParty setup. They just assumed they knew what they were doing becuase they put together some easy asus or gigabyte mobo that doesnt take any brain power.

The LanParty motherboard is an ENTHUSIASTS motherboard. This basically means that you are doing more then just putting everything together and pressing the power button. This motherboard gives you freedom.

Just do as all of the rules exactly say, don't by crappy parts, and you should be fineee.

You're asking a fairly biased forum. ;)

I'd go with the DFI, but make sure you hop around on the forum and choose a good PSU, and some compatible RAM.

Though, to be fair to the other guy, I have heard more positive comments about the included sound on the Gigabyte than I have for the Karajan.

Honestly, though, I have no complaints with my audio.

well basically cause this isn't a parts related question (not being a d1ck). just a question of which board would be better for gaming.

well the parts are the important part because the parts you have chosen may not work or perform well with this board. why is your parts list top secret? lol

the DFI is the way to go cause it will overclock better (which you will do sooner or later) :)

Your Friend d1ck :nod:

lol well basically cause there wasn't much of one that was set in stone at the time. i have a nother post with my current parts list which was open to discression and it seemed to have passed. i'll put it in the sig now. (there were still parts that weren't finalized/still being researched)

gonna have to make a sig anyways might as well put everything in there your looking at and change as you go along. thats what i did.