Question about Monarch

I just noticed that thermal paste is optional when you have them test run your combo. Is this safe? I mean they want an additional $14 for paste which seems a little ridiculously high to me. What gives?

Monarch is the bomb!!!!

definitely go with the most expensive(it costs...)but monarch sells the best product, the best way. If possible get Jeremy or Rick to help you(Jeremy flows the free overnight:D)

A retail AMD cpu comes with HSF with thermal paste on it. Maybe they want to put Arctic Siver 5 on it and therefore charge you with the cost of the AS5 and the labour to clean out the original paste.

Monarch uses "Shin-Etsu G675 Thermal Grease (Cools CPU Better) $14.00". Part# 800018. i have no idea what that is though. Could not find anything by that part number on the monarch website.

Anyone knows abt this paste?

- Rex

yeah there was a post a few weeks back about shin etsu some guy was using it and said it was keeping his cpu pretty cool. he sorry dont remember who said he ordered it off some guy. it supposed to be equal to artic silver and cermaque. i thought someone said in another forum shin etsu is the stuff amd ships with there chips anyways i couldnt confirm or deny that though.

i got the generic heatsink w/ an A64 3000+ from Monarch. it definitely was NOT generic TIM though. it was AS5 consistency, but i know that Monarch, for whatever reason, is not a big fan of Artic Silver products. i'm assuming it's the Shin Etsu. too bad i wanted to change the heatsink . . .

ShinEtsu is just a competitor to ArticSilver, certainly of near equal reputation. Both are light years beyond the TIM crap on the stock heatsink.

If using the stock AMD heatsink, even if they use AS5/S-E, you will want to super polish/lap the sink and re-apply a very thin coat to get the best results.

You don't have to let them put it together for you when you order the combo. I just told them not to through emaill and they just shipped the respective parts in their own boxes. Not that I don't trust them, but how do I know they just didn't pull a used/refurbished product and slapped it togeth, yeah I guess I don't trust them. They are a good company though. Got Farcry, Half-life 2, and 3 months of Napster for free too.