USB Keyboard and DFI NF4

Guest laserbeam_merged

Guest laserbeam

Hi,

I have a Coolermaster USB keyboard. I find that when I power on my system the keyboard doesn't power-on until booting into the Windows desktop. Does the DFI mobo not like USB keyboards or is there another reason for this behaviour?

Thanx,

D

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have Logitech internet navigator USB keyboard and have some problems with it. One thing that helps a little bit is enabling the USB support in the bios.

But still I can’t enter the safe mode when my keyboard is connected to USB port. I have to use the USB to ps2 converter to get things working.

And sometimes the keyboard doesn’t work in bios :(

Keyboard works fine in windows.

Anyone know how to fix this problem?

(dint want to make a new thread so i hope its ok if i use this one :rolleyes: )

Make sure you have the +5VSB jumpers set, this gives power to the USB ports at all times.

I enabled 2 of the +5VSB jumpers (my PSU suports +5VSB @ 2A) but still my keyboard dosent work in safe mode when it is in the USB port :confused:

I have enabled the USB keyboard in the bios.

I've noticed some really weird things with the keyboard as well and thought it was just me. Using a logitech USB.

If I hit NumLock while in the bios I can't do anything but the number pad until I turn it back off. If I hit the delete key prior to detecting IDE/SATA it will boot to bios and the keyboard doesn't function at all and I have to hit the power switch and try again. Works fine during Win XP install. :confused:

USB keyboard and mouse are enabled. This has worked perfectly fine with the DFI NF3 and Abit NF7-S.

I've noticed some really weird things with the keyboard as well and thought it was just me. Using a logitech USB.

If I hit NumLock while in the bios I can't do anything but the number pad until I turn it back off. If I hit the delete key prior to detecting IDE/SATA it will boot to bios and the keyboard doesn't function at all and I have to hit the power switch and try again. Works fine during Win XP install. :confused:

USB keyboard and mouse are enabled. This has worked perfectly fine with the DFI NF3 and Abit NF7-S.

I have exactly the same problems sometimes. It seems that DFI nF4 has problems with USB keyboards.

:(

the only time i can't use my keyboard (Logitech Navigator) to get in to the bios or safe mode is after a crash. i would have to get into windows first then reboot and then i am able to hit the del key for bios or f8 for safe mode.

do you guys with usb keyboards have a ps/2 plug as well

i have a usb wireless keyboard that has a ps/2 connector as well

without the ps/2 plugged in i cannot use the keyboard for memtest running from bios

but with it plugged in as well as my usb i can use keyboard in memtest

I have my USB keyboard hooked up thru PS/2 so that I can use it to remote-boot the computer. It seems to work fine. I also had problems, although I can't recall them clearly, with my USB keyboard in the BIOS and navigating the Windows startup choices (like Safe Mode/Last Settings that Worked etc).