Sign in to follow this  
internetrush

Who answers Telemarketing polls?

33 members have voted

1. 1.

• All the time!!!
    • Only sometimes
    • i dont
    • Only when i want to rag on them and had a bad day.

Retired U.S. Marine here. Remember to listen and follow the instructions you are given when you arrive at boot camp. Pay close attention to your surroundings and learn as much as you can. It may just save your, or your teammates, life if you do go to combat.

Like many of the polls, in various media forms, this one does not fail to un-impress me. Extrapolating data from a small number in an attempt to get an overall picture may work for things like jewelry, automobiles, etc., it doesn't work for obtaining the overall opinions of the American people. Take the survey with a grain of salt. It doesn't mean jack.

Telemarketers don't call me anymore and not because my number(s) are on the DNC list. Whenever one of them called, I would answer the phone, they start to speak, I would ask them to hold on while I make my selection and start pushing buttons randomly on the tele. That usually took care of the problem. If not, playing of the subwoofer test sound byte over and over again did.

Normally do not have any problems with door to door salesman or religous organizations. I don't have anything against them at all; except when the same people are told time and time again that I am not interested yet still keep coming back. That happened about 12 years ago with a group of Jehovas Witnesses who (same 2 people mind you) kept returning day after day for a solid week trying to convert me or my mom. Now, I am an easy going guy but enough was enough.

I cut off a pair of my cami trousers just above the knee, broke out my jungle boots, cami painted half my face and had my holster with my stainless steel .44 automag slung across my left side. When they knocked I answered and asked them what the hell they wanted. After handing me a pamphlet they left and never returned. It was an extreme measure but it worked and it was much better than the alternative of turning them in to the authorities for violating pandering laws.

I wish you the best of luck and a safe tour wherever you go.

AF guy here and was in for the first storm. There is a lot of s* that the outside world does not know. I have seen a lot of things and when I start telling some of my stories People look at me and wonder how some one that is my has seen and done so much junk. Listen o the instructors and you wil be fine. I also advise that if you get a chance study up on the county that you will be stationed in and you will be able to do your job better and show that we (Americans) are respecful of other folks.

also keep in mind that about half of the 250 million americans are of voting age (if not more) and only polling 1,000 of those...well...

thats like me asking 10 DFI owners about a board, when there are well over 100,000 DFI boards in customer hands...

Well it was Bush Senior. that made that mistake not B.C, and that he didn't do it right has been one of the "behind the scene rumors" to go in this time. (Read conspiracy rumors) i.e. to right something that Dad didn't finish.

The complaints that President Bush 41 didn't get rid of Saddam are bunk.

We followed the UN resolution that kept us from moving on Saddam. It was the only way to keep the other Arab countries on board.

Whoa, simma down now.

I call your Hitler and raise the United Nations.

Have you actually read UN resolution 1441 or 1566?

Due to their security I can't post a direct link. You will have to go to their search page and look for each resolution.

http://www.un.org/search/

You will find the unfiltered truth.

Don't mind me, I'm goin thru a mid life crisis.

Don't mind me, I'm goin thru a mid life crisis.

Ah, the CHANGE huh!

I did the same thing at 24, 32, 38 and 40. Actually it's kinda fun. You don't have to take responsibility for your actions for a few months. I actually thought about joining the Air Force at 27 but since I was a contractor to the military they talked me out of it. It was cheaper to hire me as a civilian.

It really hit me the day my Dad turned 70 and I realized I was exactly half his age. That one will grab you by the poo poo!

Seacrest Out.

Im sorry but im giong into the US Marines in about a month, so my opinion is a little biased here. Wanna help me out?

Thank you for your servivce to your country.

Our Freedom to be free is won with the dedication of patriots.

*(something people who complain will never know.)

I am a libertartian at best, but I try to see the big pic.

Best of luck.

Gulf War vet here, Army...I don't answer polls because their numbers are not visable on my caller ID...if its out of area then I let the machine answer it.

Definitely get to know as much as possible about your host country if outside the US.

I had a great time in Europe doing so, even celebrated the fall of the Berlin Wall with my German friends...it was a great time. :)

As for the Iraq situation, I completely support it...the UN set itself up for a fall by not backing up its own resolutions, mainly due to illegal dealings with Iraq by Germany, France and Russia...they were blocking action for their own oil and weapons deals.

Had the UN stood behind its own resolutions instead of stabbing the US in the back, there likely would not have been the need for all out war, but you won't hear that from our media as it might actually validate something GW did.

I'm siding with wdb here. The UN made a law that it did not enforce on a country that, at the time, looked like a very possible problem. Okay, now, depending on who you look to for the info, that might be debatable, but the way Saddam was acting and his past record, and considering 9/11, I think Bush was right to move in. Now maybe the specific details of certain things might've been done better, but that's certainly debatable. One thing is clear: we need to go after the people that are making serious threats to the US, and the President does have an obligation to act on it. Now, the one thing I don't get, considering Bush's stance, is the lax boarder security...but Bush is just one in a list of politicians that don't get this, yet.

Im surprised at that information, like you said, the media did not publish anything realivent to what you said...

i love the fact that i can now consider myself "Sane" and not double think what i believe in because of what the rest of this small area that i live in thinks and how vigorously they believe the rhetoric that revolves around them.

After beliving in this war and Joining the Marine Corp (especially the latter) i get a lot of "Your nuts so what do you know anyway" type of looks, and confrontations.

sane ( P ) Pronunciation Key (sn)

adj. san·er, san·est

Of sound mind; mentally healthy: “their protector, the strongest and sanest of them all” (Pat Conroy).

Having or showing sound judgment; reasonable.

Now i think the whole world needs a little lesson from our old friend Dictionary.com, something that we have found hard to commit to...

5 entries found for truth.

truth ( P ) Pronunciation Key (trth)

n. pl. truths (trthz, trths)

Conformity to fact or actuality.

A statement proven to be or accepted as true.

Sincerity; integrity.

Fidelity to an original or standard.

Reality; actuality.

often Truth That which is considered to be the supreme reality and to have the ultimate meaning and value of existence.

I think the people who disagree with this confrontation have forgotton the meaning or have changed the ideal of truth to fit the lies that are being spread. Perhaps in the future i will be surrounded by people actually seek it instead of accept the truth that they are being offered.

I enjoy observing how truth can turn into anything you want it to be as long as the person does not use the full definition of the word and rather uses the peoples perception of it. Such as distorting values and trivialities to determine what their articles say.

I have never expected this thread to take the course that it has and im glad that it has. Because i would have silently accepted peoples opinions of an Untruth rather than rebuked them. Thanks to this thread i now feel a whole hearted argument against the people that do not agree with the cause and reasoning for this military confrontation.

If you would like to i would like to read these UN violation's if publications can be found, i am intrigued. Please PM me with the URL locations of these articles.

Thanks again

I have never expected this thread to take the course that it has and im glad that it has. Because i would have silently accepted peoples opinions of an Untruth rather than rebuked them. Thanks to this thread i now feel a whole hearted argument against the people that do not agree with the cause and reasoning for this military confrontation.

Thanks again

Which is good since Uve put your @ss on the line for it. NowI have this qoute that I have no idea who spawned:

"I may not agree with your ideas but I will fight for your right to have them"

Just remember what it is you'll be going over there to spread. Its the freedom to think and belive whatever U want and democratic values. So learn about the land, the region and the ppl and U will do a very good job. (You've allready proven your an open minded guy by coming here and listening to us old farts sitting here philisophing over history, politics and religion).

I just have to say as well that I am impressed with the level this thread has held. It reinforces my idea of the ppl in here. :dog:

Spent 3 years in the Philipppines and was a SP / MP and seen the dirty side of the base and the contractors. Just becuse you will see a lot of the negitive side does not mean that all the folks are that way. Show respect and get respect. I busted some contractors (local) for attempting to remove items from the flight line and consturction site. A lot of the Guys and Gals I woked with was suprized that the contractors did not hassel me after the bust. I showed them the respect and they respected the job I was doing. They knew they could count on me to be fair to all and if they followed what needed to be done then none would be picked on or demeaned. I went to a lot of places and talked about things we were told not to talk about with the folks off base. They understood that I wanted to truly know and respected their opions and they did the same to me. Keep an open mind and you will do great. :) :cool: :dog: