Sign in to follow this  
davidhammock200

DFI Recommended Power Supplies (UPDATED October 20th, 2006!)

Hey everyone, this is my first post... have a question...

I have what's in my signature, and I need a PSU... I'm torn between the corsair HX620w and the OCZ 700w listed at the top of the thread... would either one suit my needs? If so i'm gonna go for the Corsair even though it'll be ugly in my acrylic case :( I was looking at an Apevia but apparently they suck... so what's your thoughts... Corsair or OCZ keeping in mind there's about a $30 difference in price...

I read the top of this thread... and skipped about 95 pages so this may have been covered... lol

Hey everyone, this is my first post... have a question...

I have what's in my signature, and I need a PSU... I'm torn between the corsair HX620w and the OCZ 700w listed at the top of the thread... would either one suit my needs? If so i'm gonna go for the Corsair even though it'll be ugly in my acrylic case :( I was looking at an Apevia but apparently they suck... so what's your thoughts... Corsair or OCZ keeping in mind there's about a $30 difference in price...

I read the top of this thread... and skipped about 95 pages so this may have been covered... lol

Either can handle your system, however I would go with the Corsair 620W & its 5yr warranty. :angel:

Between the OCZ GxS 700 and the Corsair 620, not in terms of which is better quality, but which one can power a more powerful system? I know those wattage ratings mean close to nothing since half the companies rate them at 10 C which is crazy.

Between the OCZ GxS 700 and the Corsair 620, not in terms of which is better quality, but which one can power a more powerful system? I know those wattage ratings mean close to nothing since half the companies rate them at 10 C which is crazy.
The Corsairs are rated at 50C.

620W has up to [email protected]

520W has up to [email protected]

Both are 80%+ efficient and neither has any ripple or other instability problems.

The Corsair 620W is the finest PSU I have ever tested.

Dave :angel:

Anyone can help me choose Corsair 520HX or 620HX.

I'm waiting for my Expert board and oPty 165 to arrive, i wont be running SLI . but i will be overclocking

Yes I understand the MIR , but lol how sure of you you're gonna get it . I dont usually count on the MIR stuff, I rather instant rebate but yea its still $144 shipped cheapest place for the 620.. is there any reason why someone would need the 520 instead of the 620 or vice versa

If you want peace of mind, a few extra dollars for the 620w is more than worth it.

My fortron is overkill, best PSU I have ever used, I am all about peace of mind, especially with the most important piece of hardware.

BTW, zipzoomfly is a great company and their free shipping or $1.99 2nd day air is tough to beat.

Sign in to follow this