Sign in to follow this  
davidhammock200

DFI Recommended Power Supplies (UPDATED October 20th, 2006!)

also received today

Hiper 530w and 580w modulars

I guess I'm gonna have to send one of the Hiper and one of the Antecs to a friend/mod to get some real testing done since I can only do so much at a time

HG,

Remember this;

Q: If you were going to have to spend your own money on that OCZ 700W GameXSteam would you buy it?

A: Absolutely, in a heartbeat

Above is just paraphrased and may not be word for word. But just a case of words in action relating back to your editorial on page 84.

By the way, thank you for that advice. It's the best PSU I've ever owned.

Just a "Thank You" for the "$129 OCZ Gamerxtream at Newegg" tip - and a plug for Newegg service, as well.

I delayed placing my order until I got home, and of course, the price had jumped up to $159 again.

I thought I'd just check Pricegrabber to see if anyone else had a similar deal, but, No, the only the only listing like that was Newegg.

Hey, wait a minute, $129 is STILL listed by Newegg on Pricegrabber??

OK, I filed a "complaint" with both Pricegrabber and Newegg - figured I'd just missed the boat and that's that.

This morning Newegg had sent me an email offering a $30 credit if I bought the PSU at $159 (making my price $129 before MIR).

That's darn nice of Newegg!

So, again, Thanks to DFI_Street and Newegg! :)

HG,

Remember this;

Q: If you were going to have to spend your own money on that OCZ 700W GameXSteam would you buy it?

A: Absolutely, in a heartbeat

Above is just paraphrased and may not be word for word. But just a case of words in action relating back to your editorial on page 84.

By the way, thank you for that advice. It's the best PSU I've ever owned.

i still hold to that

the 700w GX OCZ psu is the psu I would buy if I had to buy psu's

no question about it

If money was not an issue, would you rather have the best PC P&C or a GXS?

honestly?

I'd take the OCZ

I imagine that the PCP&C is probably a better psu, but even if money is no object, their prices are simply obscene and not worth the kind of cash they want.

Plus Fortron makesthe OCZ units and I trust Fortron after having a zillion of their psu's, and I now trust OCZ after having 6 of their psu's and never a single problem with any of them.

So truly it would be the OCZ unit, especially since the 700w GX has been nothing but flawless in my X1900XT Crossfire overclocked rig since the day it arrived!

If money was not an issue, would you rather have the best PC P&C or a GXS?
The PC P&C 850W & 1KW (server model only) are better PSU's that the OCZ, however they are also larger & much noisier.

Not to mention you can buy two OCZ GXS's & an excellent dinner for the cost of either PC P&C.

Dave :)

I would defenitely go with an GameXStream 600 Watt for my rig, that's enough for my hardware. The 700 Watt version is just too much power.

The PC P&C 850W & 1KW (server model only) are better PSU's that the OCZ, however they are also larger & much noisier.

Not to mention you can buy two OCZ GXS's & an excellent dinner for the cost of either PC P&C.

Dave :)

So server model only, the quad-SLI version is out then?

So server model only, the quad-SLI version is out then?
The 1KW comes in 3 standard models; server, SLI & Crossfire, however the two graphics model have a wiring problem that conflicts with DFI &

possibly some other mobos. The 1KW server model is probably the FINEST PC PSU MADE, but for $500, it should be! ;)

PC P&C: http://www.pcpowercooling.com/products/pow...ax-performance/

Sign in to follow this