Sign in to follow this  
davidhammock200

DFI Recommended Power Supplies (UPDATED October 20th, 2006!)

Guest Halvis

Well said, a bit verbose, but couldnt have been said as well with less words. (and I thought I was the only one who bought the XP-Niner5000):P

I would quote you but I'm sure that people would be kind of upset scrolling through it twice ....lmao. All seriousness, we should hang that up and frame it. Well said. I love it when you decide to just "go off" in a thread, and not "go off" in the "HEY F YOU!" sense, I mean the typing for two hours to get your point across. I'm sure Intel will come around sooner or later. Either before they go broke or after. But any real gamer/OC'r knows that you can get alot more for alot less with AMD. If you win the lottery, I think we would all be much happier if you bought us all Phase change....then we would have to call this, 3Gig-street.

-Freez

Normally, I see a post that long and would disregard. Too much reading. However I actually read all of it.:eek:

It's cool you get a lot of stuff. Probably a lot less than most sites but you also gain trust whichin my eyes is more, much more, important.

Thanks

Btw, Does it have to be NHL?

i found it on Newegg, with a good deal, and good reviews.

it's not on the "PSU's to avoid because they babies!" or on the "REccomended PSU's"

so i don't know what to think..

it's a Mushkin 550W

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16817812002

if it aint on the list, it cannot be recommended as we've never tested it or we've heard bad things about it

I have a Lian Li PC-V2100 Case that can handle 15 hard drives and a Dvd writer. Is there a PSU that can handle this?

The rest of my specs are in my signature.

I have a Lian Li PC-V2100 Case that can handle 15 hard drives and a Dvd writer. Is there a PSU that can handle this?

Fifteen hard drives? What have you got, a RAID card or something? lol

doubtful unless specially made for servers as hdd's don't use the 12v rail that I know of (SATA drives don't), and you'd probably overload quite easily with even 10 hdd's plugged in draininig off the rail.

I could be wrong about the power rail that hits the hdd though...who knows what I am talking about these days?

a dual-psu setup would probably be more towards what you need, or something specialized

doubtful unless specially made for servers as hdd's don't use the 12v rail that I know of (SATA drives don't), and you'd probably overload quite easily with even 10 hdd's plugged in draininig off the rail.

I could be wrong about the power rail that hits the hdd though...who knows what I am talking about these days?

a dual-psu setup would probably be more towards what you need, or something specialized

I don't know how a PSU works, but SATA power does contain a yellow, orange, and red wire. The red is 5V, the yellow is 12V, so I don't know if it's connected to the 12V rail or not but it does have a 12V wire going to it.

Sign in to follow this