Sign in to follow this  
davidhammock200

DFI Recommended Power Supplies (UPDATED October 20th, 2006!)

Hey fellas, what is to be said about the Hiper 580W PSU?

I've got one on the way to me along with my Ultra-D.

Arklab was kind enough to bring to my attention that these PSU's can be troublesome for these picky DFI LP boards. Tell me it'll be OK....I want my puter' operational soon!!!:eek2:

Hey fellas, what is to be said about the Hiper 580W PSU?

I've got one on the way to me along with my Ultra-D.

Arklab was kind enough to bring to my attention that these PSU's can be troublesome for these picky DFI LP boards. Tell me it'll be OK....I want my puter' operational soon!!!:eek2:

Not DFI-Street.com Certified, not on the "A" list, but recommended up to "lowend" SLI/Crossfire.

These are good buys on the UK/EU, however you can do much better in the US. :)

So the person in this thread

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...22&postcount=34

flat out says a 20-pin PSU shouldn't be used. Yet the beggining of this thread has two OCZ PSU's that sport a 20-pin+4-pin. I own an OCZ 520watt Powerstream myself and when I add the 4-pin to the 20-pin connector, my rig will not even start. In reading the specs of the newer OCZ psu's I see they both are 20-pin + 4-pin connections. And I would gather that they also would not boot my rig if the 4-pin was added to the 20-pin connector.

So we have one post condenming those using a 20-pin connector, and another post (started within the same month and year) touting two OCZ GameXstream PSU's that sport 20-pin connectors.

Tis getting a bit confusing for myself. I just purchased and am running a DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR. My first DFI experience. And so far I am in awe. It is a fantastic motherboard. Now I am worried I am not giving it the proper power, even though I am using a PSU that has been touted as being one of the best for this motherboard. Should my rig boot if I add the 4-pin to the 20-pin connection? Do I need to toss this OCZ 520watt Powerstream for a PSU with a 24-pin connector even though the PSUs pushed in this thread also sport the 20-pin connector? Any help or explanationclarification would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I will read and understand the forum rules before posting again.

Your confussed a 20+4pin is 24 pin connector it is just made to be backward compatable with 20pin boards. Yes your rig should boot with the 4pin installed.

20+4 pin is the same as 24-pin. The only difference is that you can split the +4 off in the unlikely event that you're one of the 40%+ that still has a 20-pin connector. The wires are the same. The rails are the same. It's no different than if you'd just taken a 24-pin plug and cut the extra 4 off with a knife, except in this case you can put them back together again.

So the person in this thread

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...22&postcount=34

flat out says a 20-pin PSU shouldn't be used. Yet the beggining of this thread has two OCZ PSU's that sport a 20-pin+4-pin. I own an OCZ 520watt Powerstream myself and when I add the 4-pin to the 20-pin connector, my rig will not even start. In reading the specs of the newer OCZ psu's I see they both are 20-pin + 4-pin connections. And I would gather that they also would not boot my rig if the 4-pin was added to the 20-pin connector.

So we have one post condenming those using a 20-pin connector, and another post (started within the same month and year) touting two OCZ GameXstream PSU's that sport 20-pin connectors.

Tis getting a bit confusing for myself. I just purchased and am running a DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR. My first DFI experience. And so far I am in awe. It is a fantastic motherboard. Now I am worried I am not giving it the proper power, even though I am using a PSU that has been touted as being one of the best for this motherboard. Should my rig boot if I add the 4-pin to the 20-pin connection? Do I need to toss this OCZ 520watt Powerstream for a PSU with a 24-pin connector even though the PSUs pushed in this thread also sport the 20-pin connector? Any help or explanationclarification would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

What you are posting is basically impossible!

All 20+4-pin ATX are native 24-pin.

Please look at the attached photos & describe what you have hooked where.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...734&postcount=3

Also please make a sig, as per the rules.

Dave

I have been running the Fortron 550W (EPS) FSP550-60PLN PSU in this very box for almost a year now without a hickup. This PSU is very strong and all rails are dead on (or a tad high). The only downside is no PCI-E power hookup, so GFX cards will eat 2x molex connectors each. I had to purchase several molex Y splitters to get all the fans running. I now have a total of 9 extra fans on the case without a problem. I don't know if I will ever buy a PSU from another manufac again.. there is no point. :)

I have been running the Fortron 550W (EPS) FSP550-60PLN PSU in this very box for almost a year now without a hickup. This PSU is very strong and all rails are dead on (or a tad high). The only downside is no PCI-E power hookup, so GFX cards will eat 2x molex connectors each. I had to purchase several molex Y splitters to get all the fans running. I now have a total of 9 extra fans on the case without a problem. I don't know if I will ever buy a PSU from another manufac again.. there is no point. :)
It is a very good PSU & is on the recommended list. :)

i used to hav Hiper-r 580w.

and using Seasonic S-12 600 now.

Seasonic giv a more stable voltage than Hiper as d volt reading didnt fluctuate as much as Hiper-R..

but y it is SeaSonic S12 not a recommended PSU??

i used to hav Hiper-r 580w.

and using Seasonic S-12 600 now.

Seasonic giv a more stable voltage than Hiper as d volt reading didnt fluctuate as much as Hiper-R..

but y it is SeaSonic S12 not a recommended PSU??

Both Are recommended, the Seasonic far more so. :)

Sign in to follow this