DFI Recommended Power Supplies (UPDATED October 20th, 2006!)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year I bought a 480watt PSU, I thought it would last me a few years. (shakes head).

I'll get a 700watt OCZ this time.

I wonder how long it will be before we are all buying 2 kilowatt PSU's.

Last year I bought a 480watt PSU, I thought it would last me a few years. (shakes head).

I'll get a 700watt OCZ this time.

I wonder how long it will be before we are all buying 2 kilowatt PSU's.

As soon as the quad SLI & Crossfire systems are released! Actually about a 1.2KW should hold us for at least 6-months! :P

You won't regret that decision. It will make you a happy camper!:)
Thanks wevsspot, that’s good to hear. The GameXtream’s are not available yet in Australia. (Should be soon though) I think will import one from the States however and get started. Even with the shipping the cost will be similar to what they will eventually be here. (Any other suggestions there are welcome)

I am going to have a shot at building a near-silent PC. I have read all of the reviews on this new offering from OCZ but, I always value the opinions of end users. So,,,,,how quiet is a 700watt GameXtreme?????

So,,,,,how quiet is a 700watt GameXtreme?????

It's so quiet I just heard one of my dogs fart in another room!

[crickets chirping]

At less than full power both the 600 and 700 watt versions are very quiet.

The only time I've been able to hear one at all was about 20 minutes into a run of prime95 while 3DMark06 was running at the same time. I had to get within 6 inches of the back of the PSU to hear anything.

At the house, my 600 has never made a sound above the level of the rest of the rig. With the side panel off I can hear the drives and the fan on the stock HSF from AMD over any sound made by the PSU.

Full Disclosure! I worked in nightclubs for way too many years.

My 520w PowerStream's nearly silent as well. now the rest of my rig (read: the 30" box fan on my desk blowing on my naked rig) isn't exactly silent itself, nor is my nearly seven-year old PATA 40GB HDD, so it's a little hard to tell for certain how silent it is, but it's pretty silent. You have to put your ear up to it to hear anything.

Guest lokiel
Is Enermax ELT620AWT Liberty any good with the DFI LANParty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert?

I bought this PSU for the Expert after finding my Ultra XFinity 600W PSU's 12V rails dropped to 11.85V overclocking HTT above 311 (OCZ PSUs aren't available in Oz). Unfortunately I get the classic "Board powers up momentarily, fans start, then everything shuts down". Occasionally I managed to power up the board but after starting Prime95 the machine would simply shut down.

ie. Don't buy this PSU for the Expert.

My solution was to buy an Ultra-D since I'm only running 1xGPU (it's coming in the mail as I write this).

Expert is too picky with PSUs so buy only one of the recommended Expert PSUs if you can.

As for the XFinity, it does run 2xPrime95 instances stable for 10+ hours on my Opteron 165 0617 CCBBE at 311x9(2.799GHz) @ 1.35V +104.8% - BUT I want MORE!

I am going to have a shot at building a near-silent PC. I have read all of the reviews on this new offering from OCZ but, I always value the opinions of end users. So,,,,,how quiet is a 700watt GameXtreme?????

My 700W OCZ GameXStream is so quite that I heard ExRoadies' dog fart in his other room :)

And he is on the gulf coast and i'm in the middle of the United States!

What are some peoples thoughts on the new Mushkin PSU's? Who are they made by? What's there warranty like?

I noticed they are more expensive than the OCZ GamerXtremes, but would be nice to know the benefits of the Mushie over the OCZ. Thanks all. :)