DFI Recommended Power Supplies (UPDATED October 20th, 2006!)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, It is nice to be missed!

Dave:nod:

I told H_G to call out the posse but he got confused and ordered some hookers.

We'll be in town the 10th thru the 14th of August.

You have been warned! LOL

Hello to All,

I'm finally "settled in" to my new home in Las Vegas!

Now to start building a few new DFI systems!

Would the guys, please email me!

Thanks,

Dave:nod:

Welcome back DH. Las Vegas is a great city. Spent tons of time there growing up (have an uncle in Boulder City). My wife and I were married there, and I get a chance at least once a year to come back for a Sportsman's convention every February.

Won't make the August trip, but will be there over Thanksgiving for a family vacation. May try to look you up. PM me if you're interested.

Welcome back, you've been missed.

Ack!

So I've got the Enermax EG565P-VE FMA 535W Power Supply, as I've mentioned before. Upon consulting with Coolergiant (Enermax Subsidiary in the US), they tell me that my computer trouble stems from an incompatibility.

Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for your inquiry.

After reviewing all your information, our engineer team realizes that

the DFI motherboard is not compatible with our power supply.

Do you want to switch to other motherboard?

my reply...

Dear Customer Support,

Thank you for your timely replies. Are there any power supplies that

are compatible/recommended for use with the DFI nF4 SLI-D motherboard?

If at all possible, I'd like to keep the same motherboard.

their latest reply...

Dear Customer,

It looks like our power supply is not compatible with the DFI

motherboard.

But I like my lanparty... There's also pretty good proof that some of these motherboards run with this power supply... Enermax (Taiwan) hasn't responded yet. Phooey.

I still have the option to RMA and see if a new PSU (same type) will work. Advice?

That was a very disappointing answer from Enermax!

Do you want to switch to other motherboard?

That sounds to me like a pretty strange approach to a problem obviously having to do with a PSU not living up to its specification, because I don't really believe that the other manufacturers like OCZ, Forton and PC Power & Cooling are exclusively producing their units to meet DFI needs.

Be Aware.

There is an issue with the "Graphics" versions of the 1KW units when used with the DFI Lanparty nF4 boards. The Expert/Venus does not have an issue.

They are not completely compatible with DFI motherboards. Due to the way PCP&C assigns the rails, you could end up with two rails on the 4pin Floppy and 4pin Molex power connectors on the motherboard conflicting with the 4/8pin CPU power connector rail.

I have sent emails to PCP&C asking for clarification on this issue but so far have not gotten a response.

The tech support at PCP&C has blamed the DFI motherboard at least twice in their responses to forum members regarding this issue.

The bottom line is that the "Server" version of the 1KW power supply does not exhibit this issue due to the assignment of the rails.

The "Graphics" version of the 1KW power supply is not compatible with the DFI Lanparty nF4 series that use both the 4pin Floppy and 4pin Molex power connectors. There have been no reported issues with the DFI Expert/Venus nF4 board.