DFI Recommended Power Supplies (UPDATED October 20th, 2006!)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI

I have a dfi lanparty ultra-D and is moment to psu upgrade .

I have in my city two excelente psu to choose:

enermax liberty 500W--I heard about issues of this psu with dfi mobos..

antec neoHE 550W-- The same topic above.

my questions is.....the reported problems of this psu with the lanparty is only to expert/venus? .it also applies to ultra-D..I don´t heard this problems in rig with ultra-D+liberty 500W

what is the specifics problems of this psu with lanparty?

I don´t want problems after change my modstream 450w that don´t had problems in the year+6 months with my old rig(a643000@2520+6600gt@600/1200+7fans+2uv cathodes)

my new rig is (opteron165+7900gt) but I want Overclock seriosly this..NEVER SLI/crossfire

jeje another question:dfi ultra-D manual have this pic.fddey2.th.png. and the red cable(+5v) is in the left ..but in the correct position of floppy connector the red cable(+5v) is in the right..is this an error in the manual??

THANKS

We noticed as soon as we looked at the manual which was a while after the first few builds were done. LOL If you put the connector on correctly you won't have a problem.

You have to work hard to put the connector on backwards but it is possible so we posted it in the forum

Lol I just took a look at the floppy power of a PSU I have lying around and you're right. It's definetly a printing error and I think you're one of the first to notice it... :-P

We noticed as soon as we looked at the manual which was a while after the first few builds were done. LOL If you put the connector on correctly you won't have a problem.

You have to work hard to put the connector on backwards but it is possible so we posted it in the forum

jejeje

I believe that DFI isn´t another motherboard brand more...DFI IS THE EXCEPTION TO THE RULES...and for this I thought in interchange the cables but I don´t it ...and for this the connector floppy was unplugged 3 moths..initial build pictures resolved the problem.

thanks for the reply....and the enermax liberty 500W+lanparty ultra-D .it had problems with this board???

thanks...

I would not spend my money on anything less than a Fortron Epsilon 600 or OCZ GameXtream 600.

The OCZ PowerStream 520 is a good PSU but power demands are only going higher and soon the 520 won't be enough.

I read that this PSU is good for DFI nf4's but I see two with practicaly the same Product number (different colors) that claim to be SLI ready.

I must ask:

a) Are they both SLI ready?

B) What are the advantages of each?

edit: oops i forgot to link them...

http://www.xpcgear.com/ocz520adjsli.html

and

http://www.xpcgear.com/ocz520adj.html

Well, I was looking around for motherboards and stumbled across the DFI Infinity 975X/G and someone told me to post on here to get some suggestions about a motherboard. They said something about the motherboard have EPS which I didn't know what it was so I decided to post on here to get some suggestions for a power supply.

Now, I was looking through the list and found a ton of powersupplys over 500 watts and was just curious if EPS is only on PSUs that are over 500 watts because I really don't feel I need that big of a PSU and right now I'm looking to save money on anything I can since I'm investing in a whole new rig just for Conroe. If anyone can suggest a PSU under 500 Watts that has an EPS 8-pin connector for this motherboard I would really appreciate it, I need all the help I can get right now.