DFI Recommended Power Supplies (UPDATED October 20th, 2006!)

My favorite quote from xbit...

"The last goes Ultra Products whose power supplies are actually manufactured by the well-known Wintech. These are average products with some pretensions (silvery cables!), but without anything really exceptional about them. Their quality of manufacture and their electrical characteristics are just average."

I like to PM this line to forum members that ask me why I hate on Ultra PSUs. You don't see the word "pretensions" in a hardware review very often.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just bought as DFI UT LANPARTY SLI-DR Expert. Is there any known compatibility issues with the Silverstone ST60F PSU?

Modular PSUs will never get a 100% recommendation due to the additional connectors. Silverstone has not had the best record of performance and reliability. Many forum members have exchanged their Silverstone units in the past year.

For that price you should seriously think about the OCZ GameXtream 600. There are many forum members using it and it's companion 700W unit with excellent results. Plus OCZ has reps that monitor this forum and provide excellent service.

I'm very particular about my hardware and I already have two OCZ GameXtream units.

Thanks for your reply ExRoadie but the suggested OCZ GameXtream 600 can't be sourced here in Australia. I could be wrong though.

I have ordered the Enermax Liberty ELT620AWT ATX12V 620W Power Supply 90V~265V (Auto Adjusted) as it's amongst the highest recommended PSU's for DFI. It was only $227AUS delivered overnight.

I've had my brand spanking new DFI motherboard for just under 2 weeks but I have yet to get it running! I couldn't even tell you what BIOS version it is running!

Thanks for your reply ExRoadie but the suggested OCZ GameXtream 600 can't be sourced here in Australia. I could be wrong though.

I have ordered the Enermax Liberty ELT620AWT ATX12V 620W Power Supply 90V~265V (Auto Adjusted) as it's amongst the highest recommended PSU's for DFI. It was only $227AUS delivered overnight.

I've had my brand spanking new DFI motherboard for just under 2 weeks but I have yet to get it running! I couldn't even tell you what BIOS version it is running!

contact the boys from Ninetek (links should be in the other sticky about "where to shop" in this section)

if not, contact one of the OCZ boys (in Uncle_David's first post in the 600w GX psu review thread also stuck to the top of this section)

Can you get FSP Epsilon there in Aus? If so, essentially the same unit, but yeah I see a few of those sites in Aus that carry at least some OCZ units.

700 watt OCZ priming with the new ASUS mobo right now. Exhaust barely warm. Nice, very nice!

Oh...giving the GF my Ultra-D, looking for best bang-for-buck processor and RAM for it (for her, of course)!

Charles

Shocked, no mention of Tagan PSU's.

I'm using the TG530-U22.

On a LAN Party Expert with 4 SATA drives, 3 DVD burners, 6600GT.

OCZ Gold PC3500 2x512mb kit.

AMD64 4400 X 2 @ 2.44ghz.

Rock solid stable, Alcohol disc to disc copy, Nero burning a DVD from a VIDEO_TS folder, MainConcept doing a XViD to DVD MPEG conversion, browsing and downloading, oh almost forgot running a print queue also.

Yes all at the same time.

So IMHO Tagan should definitely be added to the list of recommendations.:cool:

So IMHO Tagan should definitely be added to the list of recommendations.

well, when Tagan psu's are used by those of us around here that make that decisions and they can pass the lengthy stress situations that we put the Recommended psu's on the list through, then it will be on the list.

At this time they have either not shown themselves to be worthy psu's or not enough users have used one.

Well there are problems with tagan EASY-CON models...the 480W 01 model is very good and stable though, and i have been running an sli-dr, opteron 146@2,9 ghz, 2 hdd, 1 dvd, 1 floppy and 6800GT @ sli and 5 fans with LED and 2 cathodes with it.........without any problems 12v kept stable at 11,89v ...havent tried it at other dfi systems, but a lot of other systems without problems...easy-con models on the other hand has lots of RMA cases shortly......so be careful with model.