DFI Recommended Power Supplies (UPDATED October 20th, 2006!)

Sorry about the previous posts ;).

Though I think I was sorta justified on all that though, I was having all sorts of probs.

Nil Einne.

My old 350w enermax that I used to run on for many years, it only had 17a on the +12v.

This was on a nf2.

I was able to oc to 2.5ghz on it.

However adding to many fans, or that 6600gt...

I could handle the 6600gt with seme generic fans, a tornado and 2 panaflo's.

2 hd's and a dvdrw, benq.

Just no oc'ing that way.

If I removed the 2nd panaflo, I could either oc the cpu or the video card.

This is an old system though.

A 25a rail or more, well that may be allright.

Not reccomended for the nf4 though.

A nf3, I dn.

I really do like enermax psu's, they really do quite a bit.

An update on my end with this ocz.

I cleaned of my board by washing it, along with my cpu, a stick of memory, and my modem.

Wow, my systm is running good now.

The hd speed is back up probably past par.

Stability is better then ever.

I have not just without a usign a crazy bios mod, but I am probably 250-266 stable again.

I just past 277x8 today, 11+hrs of prime.

Still gotta prime more though.

Thign is, I'm still having hd issues.

It's on my 2nd channel, where my 160gig is.

However my erros went away.

But somehting was still a miss.

I can't have my cdrw hooked up.

It gets detected on cold boots, on warm boots it does'nt show up in the bios.

Also, if I have it hooked, it bsod's windows.

If I don't have it hookd up at all, and I disable the slave, I get the same bsod's.

I think it's my cables, which I have to redo.

It's likely I fixxed the majority of my probs by cleaning the motherboard in the bathtub...

The rest were the power cables, and maybe the ide cables.

Those filtered ide cables, one of them has been giving me alot of trouble, since when I had my 6600gt.

Saying missing aux power with it sometimes, and then clocking to a crazy 800mhz 2d in core.

As for a volt meter.

I know how to make one now, just need a meter for it.

Or I need to devise soem sort of led panal, which is much more compl9icated.

I was gonna make a ohm meter out of it too.

I asked my grandpa if he could get a volt meter, I think he would but I may have to keep remiding him of it.

Laters.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hashpipe

OCZ Powerstream 600W or the PCP&C 510 Deluxe SLI?

Im so close now, but I cant decide!!! Help me, what would you go for?

OCZ = better looks(I think)

PCP&C = better perfomance? (except noise)

Nevermind, will go with OCZ. Accidently mixed up Euro with GBP...I aint payin' 201GBP for a PSU...:P

Im really intersted in the 'SilverStone Strider ST60F 600W Modular Power Supply SLI Certified'

Ive read many really good reviews about it and alot of people have recomended it, however ive also read that there are some problems with this PS and the DFI LANParty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert.

Is that true?

Thanks

Im really intersted in the 'SilverStone Strider ST60F 600W Modular Power Supply SLI Certified'

It didn't make the cut on the known good PSU list. They have some quality control issues that generated a lot of returns.

What is a good 600w PS for the DFI LANParty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert?

Difficult to say what is the best. You'll find many opinions. Nevertheless I would recommend you to at least give the Forton I have in my sig a thought. In my opinion the new Forton Epsilons line (600W and 700W) gives great value for the money, and a extra plus: they're really quiet.

I would like to add that the ENERMAX LIBERTY 400W will work. I'm using it to power a Ultra-D w/ 1xSATA, Venice 3000+ core, 6800GS. There have been concerns, but i just wanted you guys to know that (on my second attempt, first Ultra-D required an RMA) that this power supply does make the cut. :)

Just a bit of advice, they've probably tested it already. Just because your particular unit works in your particular setup doesn't mean that your unit is an oddball, nor that it'll work in other systems. When something is tested, it's more than just hook it up to a rig and see if it boots. If it works for you, though, that's great. :nod:

Guest hashpipe

Anyone know where the heck to get a hold of a OCZ Powerstream 520W in Europe? I simply cant find 'em. Saw a 600W Powerstream on a UK site but its really expensive. Also acording to the massive PSU test by tomshardware.com (and they really test this seriously) the 600W wasn't all that good. They were supposed to do a follow up with a new unit from OCZ but I cant find it. Both the Enermax Noisetaker 600W and the Seasonic S12 600W did better. Any thoughts?

Anyone know where the heck to get a hold of a OCZ Powerstream 520W in Europe? I simply cant find 'em. Saw a 600W Powerstream on a UK site but its really expensive. Also acording to the massive PSU test by tomshardware.com (and they really test this seriously) the 600W wasn't all that good. They were supposed to do a follow up with a new unit from OCZ but I cant find it. Both the Enermax Noisetaker 600W and the Seasonic S12 600W did better. Any thoughts?

Just in case you're interested: at www.sweclockers.se a guy is selling his OCZ Powerstream 520W.