DFI Recommended Power Supplies (UPDATED October 20th, 2006!)

plugged in wrongly ?? lol..

still waiting for my new antec tc2 550.. but my sys is running good atm with AVF 300W PSU ... weird tho... will it fry my mobo if keep using it ? just curious.

There is a stickie at the top of the forum with some new info regarding 20pin ATX power supplies.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ IShb3w what meaneth? > Enermax 460watt, and it powered the system (with it plugged in the middle of the atx) for about an hour.

RGone...

haha yeah forgot to mention, the psu is a 20 pin.... i n00bed it up and plugged it in the center of the atx so that there were two pins extra on either side of it, it worked for a while, but once it stopped workin (entirely) i got online and did some research and found this forum and was like hmm so i tried ordering a 20 to 24 pin adapter but that didnt work, it just started doin that flicker i was talkin about with the adapter on it, otherwise it didnt do nething.

so is the board screwed since i plugged it in wrong? i think that since those two orange led's are lighthing up that the board was atleast getting power (and yes i had all 4 plugs plugged in) so maybe not all hope is lost

haha yeah forgot to mention, the psu is a 20 pin.... i n00bed it up and plugged it in the center of the atx so that there were two pins extra on either side of it, it worked for a while, but once it stopped workin (entirely) i got online and did some research and found this forum and was like hmm so i tried ordering a 20 to 24 pin adapter but that didnt work, it just started doin that flicker i was talkin about with the adapter on it, otherwise it didnt do nething.

so is the board screwed since i plugged it in wrong? i think that since those two orange led's are lighthing up that the board was atleast getting power (and yes i had all 4 plugs plugged in) so maybe not all hope is lost

It shouldn't have easily fit & it definitley should NOT have worked, not for 1-second. :shake:

Well if U get that MoBo to do anything for U again except to collect dust or act as a door post it will be a testament to the quality of the components DFI has on that MoBo... Im totally :confused: that U got it to post at all and that it didn't go up in flames.

Well if U get that MoBo to do anything for U again except to collect dust or act as a door post it will be a testament to the quality of the components DFI has on that MoBo... Im totally :confused: that U got it to post at all and that it didn't go up in flames.
Given the pin assignments, I don't see how it would boot. I think the PS would just shut down. :dog:

Guest scaramonga

Well.........the 20pin connector shouldn't go in the 'center' but as shown here.......

atx20in24conn.jpg

Also..........from 'Toms Hardware'

Some boards feature an additional 4-pin Molex connector of the type used for disk drives, which has to be plugged in when using the SMALL ATX connector.

:D

Just a thought!

If all four power connections were made up and the PSU didn't shut down, he might have gotten some power delivered correctly. I could be dead wrong but we've all seen crazy things happen with computers.

Given the pin assignments, I don't see how it would boot. I think the PS would just shut down. :dog:

Just a thought!

If all four power connections were made up and the PSU didn't shut down, he might have gotten some power delivered correctly. I could be dead wrong but we've all seen crazy things happen with computers.

If you decide to test it, please have a camera handy "just in case". :D

I'm using a Thermalrock (read Thermaltake) PPV 450W.

Pic with the Amperages:

Picture.

As I'm not thinking of SLI (not much of a gamer), will this be enough for OC'ing Powering a Winnie 3000+ & GeForce 6600GT PCI-EX?