DFI Recommended Power Supplies (UPDATED October 20th, 2006!)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm willing to lay a wager that all those using below spec PSU's will have issues later on, and will never show back up here to tell the tale when it craps out. I'm not taking away from your new found success at getting things running. If you have put together one of those very few "value" rigs that works, enjoy it while it lasts. Remember this is a place for all DFI product users. Your results in pushing below specs are no different than those that push the bleeding edge. The one thing that seperates the two, when going under specs you are dealing with something that cannot be taken lightly. Spouting off that what you got to work to the masses is just stupid bragging, and needs to be tempered with the fact of reality. It is more luck than anything else. Pushing the limits with quality components is skill and you will be rewarded. Those that choose to follow the recommended components and don't push either end, will have a product that works, all the time. That is the grist of the arguement here.

thread is open today again.

everyone be calm and if you want some debate, present it in a mature manner.

anymore screaming and throwing feces like monkies in a cage and I'll lock it again permanently.

lets be adults people. You all don't agree with a lot of what I say and I dont agree with a lot of what you say and thats what makes this forum great...but not when we are insulting each other and throwing nasty words around.

:tooth: :tooth:

when i first put together my system i had no idea about the whole 480watt minimum, and by reading the sticker on the atx connector i was like well ok my psu should be fine, well it was for a while, now it wont do nething. it was an Enermax 460watt, and it powered the system (with it plugged in the middle of the atx) for about an hour. i had to leave for 45 minutes of that hour and when i came back it was frozen on the boot screen looking for a drive to boot from and i tried to restart by hitting alt ctrl del and hitting the restart button... neither worked, so i shut it down with power button. tried to turn it back on and it refused to do so, so i went to turn off the psu in the back and it static shocked me and i was like uh oh, and i turned it off and unplugged it, waited a bit and plugged it back in and turned the switch back on and tried to turn on the comp.... nothing. after that all it would do is spin the fans for like a split second. two orange led's come on on the motherboard before i hit the power button but would turn off when i did so, and as i said fans would spin and that was it, then few seconds later the two leds would come back on. i already ordered a 600watt enermax that was recommended in this thread, so i was just wondering if anyone can tell me before the new psu gets here if my mobo is fried or not... and in this thread i read that the other parts could be fried too... lord i hope not (although i could rma with no problem just hate to have to wait even longer)

sorry heres my specs

nf4 ut ultra d

winnie 3200 w/xp120 and panaflow 120mm

xfx 6800gt

corsair xms 4400 1gb

plextor 16x dvd ± rw

sony cd-rw 48x

i already ordered a 600watt enermax that was recommended in this thread, so i was just wondering if anyone can tell me before the new psu gets here if my mobo is fried or not... and in this thread i read that the other parts could be fried too... lord i hope not (although i could rma with no problem just hate to have to wait even longer)

sorry heres my specs

nf4 ut ultra d

winnie 3200 w/xp120 and panaflow 120mm

xfx 6800gt

corsair xms 4400 1gb

plextor 16x dvd ± rw

sony cd-rw 48x

I wish that I could tell you. Let's test the PS.

Jump start: http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/show...ad.php?t=118964

Test: http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/show...ad.php?t=137886

Good Luck,

Dave ;)

plugged in wrongly ?? lol..

still waiting for my new antec tc2 550.. but my sys is running good atm with AVF 300W PSU ... weird tho... will it fry my mobo if keep using it ? just curious.