DFI Recommended Power Supplies (UPDATED October 20th, 2006!)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys talked me into it. I just ordered an Enermax Noisetaker 600W. My Cooler Master has been working so far, but I think it was limiting my OC. I guess I will find out next week after NewEgg gets it to me. Plus at some point I think I will add a second 7800.

Ok, after 2 months of looking around, I finally joined. I'm getting a ut nf4 sli-dr to replace my asus a8n-sli dlx. I'm also getting a new ps w/24 pin to fix my very infrequent but still annoying random lockups (12v rail drops to 12.7 under load)

So after wading through 46 pages of "how's this" "what do you think of that one" nonsense, I've narrowed my choices down to a few highly recommended units. Most of my rig is in sig....except 2 optical drives, and my wc setup (12v pump, 4x 120mm fans). Here's my preferrences:

1. Seasonic S-12 600w sli

2. OCZ Powerstream 520

3. Hiper type r 580w blue (alot of bling but it goes w/my leds and blue coolant)

4. Antec TP2 TC2 550w (cheapest by $30 of the lot)

5. OCZ Powerstream 600 (most $$ by $45 but it'll last forever)

I know these are all good psu's and it comes down to my choice, but I'm leaning toward the Hiper w/annodized blue finish just cuz it's so damn pretty :D They should all handle my 2 6600gts, and I'll be getting a 7800gtx next month.

still deciding on which psu for my dfi build. as of now im considering the seasonic s12 600w, silverstone zeus st65zf, and enermax 600w sli. the issues that keep popping up are the silverstones and crossloading, and apparently a few members have had problems with seasonics. right now enermax is probably the safe bet. i know johnny guru tested the silverstone and its great for high end systems. my planned system in my sig is middle road so do yall have opinions on whether or not the crossload issue will bite me in the butt? not really considering a powerstream as i want sli certified psu even tho its a favorite on these boards.

Thanks in advance

I'd go with the Seasonic if you'd like to keep things quieter. Though the 600W Powerstream isn't bad either.

Seasonic is QUIET and AWESOME. It has some incompatibilities though, so if it doesn't work.... You should be sad. I would be sad. That PSU is hella nice.... Great voltage regulation too (according to my meter)