DFI Recommended Power Supplies (UPDATED October 20th, 2006!)

Looking at the specs suggest it is a native 24pin PSU. It is also 520W with 26A on the +12V. So it should be fine for your system and meets the requirements for support. It is also a good brand name PSU so should live up to it's specs.

However, the 26A is below the recommended 30A for 2x6800GT SLI so you might want to avoid that but you have a Ultra-D and a x850xt so I'm guessing your not planning to set up a SLI system anyway.

I suspect you can't really do anything if it doesn't meet your requirements. I don't know what Monarch policies are but I doubt they will let you return a product, even unopened after 3 months (unless it's faulty or does not do what it is advertised to do which is not the case). Even if they do, you'll probably still have to pay a restocking fee. You could try selling it and you might get a slightly higher return since if it's unopened but I would't recommend this course since there is nothing wrong with it.

Interestingly, those specs look the same as my brother's Topower and if I'm not mistaken Topower is an OEM for OCZ so I'm guessing internally they're probably the same thing.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Ull have an issue. The OCZ PS 520 is goo. And even if it seems a bit out of the 2*6800 Spec I think Ull be allright. OCZ builds thier stuff w. some safty in there....

I've got an OCZ Powerstream 520. It's nice. It's got adjustable rails. I dig it. It's got the most massive dongle though, takes up a lot of space.

Dun wanna steal this thread, but I have a question about how the motherboard reads the voltages. In MBM5 or Smart Guardian, my 3.3v rail shows up a little weak at 3.25-6v. Is this the voltages that is actually running through the rail, or is it the voltage that the mobo is using?

Just want to know before I make good use of those adjustable rails....

Ok I got a quick question I got this ocz power supply (looks like the one you reccomend from monarch but i'm not sure) back in february (still not used yet) and just wanted to make sure if it is ok. And if it's not is there anything i can do with it since it has not been used?

Thanks

The OCZ PowerStream 520W was the primary recommendation as it is a far better PS,

howerver the ModStream is modular & "prettier", it should be fine as long as you stay away from SLI.

Dave

Dun wanna steal this thread, but I have a question about how the motherboard reads the voltages. In MBM5 or Smart Guardian, my 3.3v rail shows up a little weak at 3.25-6v. Is this the voltages that is actually running through the rail, or is it the voltage that the mobo is using?

That is the voltage detected by the mobo. However, the mobo is not always that accurate so it is far better to use a voltmeter.

I've got an OCZ Powerstream 520. It's nice. It's got adjustable rails. I dig it. It's got the most massive dongle though, takes up a lot of space.

Just want to know before I make good use of those adjustable rails....

Read like this ONLY, DMM REQUIRED! ;)

http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/show...ad.php?t=137886

Guest Anarchy

hi all i ve been watching these forums, and i have a question regarding a psu if its ok for the system im planning

fx 55

DFI LANPARTY UT NF4 SLI-DR

THERMALRIGHT XP-120 NOISEBLOCKER EDITION SX2

1 6800 gt

maxtor diamond back 10 200 gigabytes sata

audigy 2 zs

thermaltake tsunami black

nec 3520 recorder

floppy drive

dvd lg reader

patriot tccd ddr 2 x 512 xblk 3200

lg flatron f900 p 19 inchs crt

well i was planning of buying an ocz powerstream 520 watts and i read its not compatible with this board from what i could make its something about the conector and the rail power .

so my question its if a ocz 520 will be stable with this system and if i add another 6800 gt would it be enough to power an fx 55 and 2 6800 gt in sli .

or should i buy another psu mainly ocz powerstream 600 watts ?

thank you

hi all i ve been watching these forums, and i have a question regarding a psu if its ok for the system im planning

fx 55

DFI LANPARTY UT NF4 SLI-DR

THERMALRIGHT XP-120 NOISEBLOCKER EDITION SX2

1 6800 gt

maxtor diamond back 10 200 gigabytes sata

audigy 2 zs

thermaltake tsunami black

nec 3520 recorder

floppy drive

dvd lg reader

patriot tccd ddr 2 x 512 xblk 3200

lg flatron f900 p 19 inchs crt

well i was planning of buying an ocz powerstream 520 watts and i read its not compatible with this board from what i could make its something about the conector and the rail power .

so my question its if a ocz 520 will be stable with this system and if i add another 6800 gt would it be enough to power an fx 55 and 2 6800 gt in sli .

or should i buy another psu mainly ocz powerstream 600 watts ?

thank you

The OCZ PowerStream 520W is completely compatable & highly recommended! :nod:

See Post #1

I would have to disagree as the OCZ 520W Powerstream that I have went pop as soon as I connected it up to my DFI Lan Party NF4 Ultra SLI-DR.

I only stuck my 3700+ SD CPU, one of my 2x POV Ultra GFX cards, & 1 stick of Crucial Ballistix in to test that they were working by using the EZ touch power button on the Mobo & PoP!

Dead system. Very miffed.

I have now ordered a PC Power & Cooling 510 SLI PSU.

I would have to disagree as the OCZ 520W Powerstream that I have went pop as soon as I connected it up to my DFI Lan Party NF4 Ultra SLI-DR.

I only stuck my 3700+ SD CPU, one of my 2x POV Ultra GFX cards, & 1 stick of Crucial Ballistix in to test that they were working by using the EZ touch power button on the Mobo & PoP!

Dead system. Very miffed.

I have now ordered a PC Power & Cooling 510 SLI PSU.

Sorry to hear it, but they work fine 99.99%+ of the time. You just got a bad one.

CONGRATS on the PC P&C, they are the best! :nod: