DFI Recommended Power Supplies (UPDATED October 20th, 2006!)

Yes I understand the MIR , but lol how sure of you you're gonna get it . I dont usually count on the MIR stuff, I rather instant rebate but yea its still $144 shipped cheapest place for the 620.. is there any reason why someone would need the 520 instead of the 620 or vice versa

I bought my HX620W from ZipZoomFly and I got my rebate back a long time ago... their service, to me, is in line with Newegg's. And, like the King said, you get $2 2 day shipping. If Newegg had that, I'd buy exclusively from them. Newegg's contract with UPS really sucks... a lot of the items I've ordered using UPS take 4 business days instead of the promised three. Lousy UPS.

And as for your question: more power, lol. I just got the 620W 'cause I wanted it to last through at least another two build cycles.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally hate FedEx..

I <3 UPS and especially I know the guys that delivers in my area.

But I'll make the effort for the 620HX then .. Lets see what pricegrabber says and froogle

Well.. the 520HX has better reviews than the 620HX.. SOme said the 520HX can handle Quad-Core + SLI together

Why would I need the 620hx ? (I wont be upgrading my rig anyways)

But if the price is right i can take it.. I want the best bang for the bucks because really this is what its all intended. So I'll be looking everyone and I can get the corsair 520hx for like $99 from buy.com Anyone else?

The only stuff I will be upgrading from my rig is the video card and definitely the 520hx can still power any video cards out there. The IDE drives will be gone soon and only SATA will be used. All my friends on IRC tell me the 620hx is an overkill.. Even the 520hx in some cases . since I read in reviews the 520hx is handling Quad-Core, 8800gtx so i dont see why not mine?

Sorry if I'm being too blind here

Thanks

• 1 month later...
:) So the 520hx is not recommended anymore :sad:
I'd chose Corsair 520HX if I were you. I will buy that one anyway (it's SLI-certified, although I won't use SLI), mostly because it's very quiet compared to other PSU's (it's a modified Seasonic-PSU).

I still haven't bought it .. opty 165 oc'ed to 2.7 stock volts and the antec truepower-ii 420w still holding off.. and the prices haven't gone down for the corsair im actually saving for a MBP

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone tried the PC Power & Cooling 750W Silencer single rail PSU?

Looks like a real winner. As soon as I have a few spare bills laying around I'm contemplating a purchase and test drive.

• 3 weeks later...
btw, i found this one very very very cheap

2x512 corsair xms pc3200xl 2-2-2-5 1T.

ps: my pc is basically for gaming and other jobs/productivity i usually do them on FreeBSD.

well i will create a topic about that... THX again folks

Hi there. Im not sure if you've bought your RAM but.

But i have some RAM that i was willing to sell.

1GB (2x512MB) GSkill F1-3200DSU2-1GBFX (DDR400)

I'm using them on my DFi SLi-DR Expert motherboard and they work fine. Never overlocked them either.

Here is a link to my RAM.

http://www.sgoverclockers.com/modules.php?...nt&id=42&page=1

PM me if ur interested.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Anyone tried the PC Power & Cooling 750W Silencer single rail PSU?

Looks like a real winner. As soon as I have a few spare bills laying around I'm contemplating a purchase and test drive.

Exactly what I'm looking at Wevsspot.

Toss up between OCZ GameXstream 700 watt for a recently aquired CFX3200 at £84 plus p and p

or a PC Power and Coolong Silence 750 for £85 plus p and P.Tempted to get the PC P & C just to see what its like.

Smiffy