DFI Recommended Power Supplies (UPDATED October 20th, 2006!)

Hmm ok I see. So the majority of problems in the past have been from a crappy PSU? Makes sense now :P.

They don't put two-cylinder engines in Camaros for a reason. They don't use kerosene in racing engines for a reason. They don't build houses out of swizzle sticks for a reason.

I think you're underestimating just how important it is to have a good source of power. You know what causes brownouts, right?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question. Does a single 7950GX2 count as "7900GTX or newer in SLI" and thus unable to be run on an OCZ PowerStream 520W?

Excellent question! Hopefully David will be able to point us in the right direction.

Question for the power experts: I had a OCZ 600W on the way. Then UPS screwed me. A big mess really. Anyway, I decided to hold off on reordering and ask you folks, for my current setup, what would you guys recommend.

I DO plan on adding another 7900 GT KO so Ill be in SLI. I have 3 HDs, and the Opty. Nothing else will change for a few years Id say (save the vid card).

So Im debating between the 620 and 520 from Corsair and the two GameXstreams. What do you guys thinketh?

I thinketh to spend the extra $20 bucks right now and go with the OCZ GameXStream 700W unit that can be had for $124.99 right now at the Egg after instant savings and mail in rebate. That way you won't have any questions whether or not your psu is up to the task.

Question for the power experts: I had a OCZ 600W on the way. Then UPS screwed me. A big mess really. Anyway, I decided to hold off on reordering and ask you folks, for my current setup, what would you guys recommend.

I DO plan on adding another 7900 GT KO so Ill be in SLI. I have 3 HDs, and the Opty. Nothing else will change for a few years Id say (save the vid card).

So Im debating between the 620 and 520 from Corsair and the two GameXstreams. What do you guys thinketh?

With two 7900 GTO's I recommend either the Corsair 620W or OCZ GXS 700W. :angel:

You should have no problem runing any existing single GPU,

including the 7950 X2, with an OCZ PowerStream 520W (+12V@33A). ;)

That's why I asked, because the 7950 GX2 is really two GPUs. :tooth:

I want one, but I don't want my HR-03 to just sit around either. I wonder if I can use it on that... :D

Does anyone know of problems between my PSU & Mobo? I've had nothing but problems with it since i got it really. Doesn't turn on first time, hardly ever, need to leave it with PSU off for anywhere from 5mins-1day+ to have a chance of turning it on. Sent the Mobo back to DFI and they said it was fine.

Erm i don't know where my signiture has gone, i saved it on user CP :/

Anyway:

DFI LanParty UT NF4 SLI-D (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard (BIOS 04-06-2006)

AMD Opteron 144 CABNE 0545 BPMW skt 939

Leadtek GeForce 7800GT 256MB GDDR3 VIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express)

Western Digital Raptor 74GB

Pioneer DVR-110DBK 16 x 16 DVD±RW

Mushkin 2GB DDR XP4000 Extreme Performance Dual Channel Kit(2x1GB)

Antec P180 Advanced Super Midi Tower Case

Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro CPU Cooler

Seasonic S12 600W Silent ATX2.0 Power Supply