Sign in to follow this  
davidhammock200

DFI Recommended Power Supplies (UPDATED October 20th, 2006!)

i had a tagan 580w easycon for almost a year without problems on a DFI SLI-D, and a DFI Venus

i've recently upgraded to the tagan 900w turbojet and it's been great so far :)

I had a tagan 900w turbojet kept cooled booting, but it was revision 1 so they could of sorted it by now

Looks likePyr0 is running fine

700 watt OCZ priming with the new ASUS mobo right now. Exhaust barely warm. Nice, very nice!

Oh...giving the GF my Ultra-D, looking for best bang-for-buck processor and RAM for it (for her, of course)!

Charles

Hi r1derbike - just wanted to extend a warm hello to you. I could probably throw a stone to your house. I actually reside between Avoca and Pea Ridge and drive through BV everyday. Father-in-Law and I have a few lots over there and regularly golf the courses and fish the lakes.

Good (rephrase) Excellent choice on the PSU. I've been 100% satisfied with mine.

Cheers.

well, when Tagan psu's are used by those of us around here that make that decisions and they can pass the lengthy stress situations that we put the Recommended psu's on the list through, then it will be on the list.

Well get them tested then, you will not be dissapointed.

BTW the comment;

well, when Tagan psu's are used by those of us around here that make that decisions

is a bit elitist is it not, you do mean of course make those decisions don't you?

Not make that decisions.:rolleyes:

I really appreciate the list being updated. Thanks to all of the forum members, mods and admins. that track this kind of stuff.

Cheers.

Well get them tested then, you will not be dissapointed.

BTW the comment;

is a bit elitist is it not, you do mean of course make those decisions don't you?

Not make that decisions.:rolleyes:

it isn't elitist but if you choose to view it that way then that is up to you.

We don't recommend items that aren't tested by trusted users in the forum. We've seen way to many users come in claiming that their top of the line whatever works in their X-brand board or system and it doesn't work in the DFI board(s).

This is a fact of life and part of reality that all of us DFI users live in.

Just because it is top of the line to you does not mean it works very well in the DFI motherboard(s).

I make the final decisions but I don't have the time nor the budget to test every single piece of hardware that users (20,000+) here want to know if it works or not.

As I said, trusted individuals from mods to ordinary users that can be relied on to give accurate and honest assessments from real testing are the ones who have the combined time and money to test the things that I don't have time or money to test.

When they (generally more than a couple users...I can't rely simply on a single user's experience and neither should you) come to me and tell me about a product and the concensus is that it is a good product and works reliably with our board(s) then it is added to the list or is recommended quite heavily.

Guest arctan

is it essential to use a 24+8 pin psu for the 975X/G?

I've been using a 24+4 pin antec 550w 2.0 without any problems with DFI lanparty nf4 boards but I will be ordering the 975X/G soon.

Will I need a new psu or can I just plug 4 pins in and it'll hopfully run?

I'll be looking at running a x1800xl with a low end conroe setup

Well...it's happened. My new OCZ 700 watt supply cooling fan has gotten noisy (at low speed). Had it just a few weeks. I just don't have any luck with supplies. Guess it's a Newegg return. Good thing I have a spare TT to press into service (the TT is a replacement for one that failed, my first TT 680 had a noisy fan right out of the box, this is the 3rd TT I've had in a bit over a year, going to be the 2nd OCZ looks like).

What a pisser....

ppl I am thinking of changing psu...a

Ocz powerstream de 420w..what do you think?it will be better than my levicom?for nf2..

ocz:

+3.3V(28A),

+5V(30A)

+12V(30A)

+5VSB 2.0A

-12V 0.5A

-5v 0.5A

my levicom

+3.3v 30A

+5V VSB 28A

+5V 28A

+12v 34A

-5v 0.3A

-12v 0.8A

ppl I am thinking of changing psu...a

Ocz powerstream de 420w..what do you think?it will be better than my levicom?for nf2..

ocz:

+3.3V(28A),

+5V(30A)

+12V(30A)

+5VSB 2.0A

-12V 0.5A

-5v 0.5A

my levicom

+3.3v 30A

+5V VSB 28A

+5V 28A

+12v 34A

-5v 0.3A

-12v 0.8A

Can't make much of a recommendation unless your create a sig. so I know what components make up your rig. You also need to read the forum rules, including the one that ask you to make a sig. before posting on the forum.

Thank you.

sorry I have a sig..but it doesn't appear here..my system is:

DFI NFORCE 2 Ultra B Rev. A [All Sinked+Abit AI7 NB+AN8 SB Coolers]

AMD Athlon XP-Mobile 2600+ IQYHA 0352MPMW + [email protected] 92mm

Patriot XBLK PC3200 2x512 TCCD+BrainPowa PCB

Levicom X-Alien 500W Black

Gecube [email protected] + Zalman VF700AlCu

Seagate 20gb IDE

TDK 880N + LG GDR-8163B

Genius Slimstar+Intellimouse 1.1+Func 1030

Audigy 2 ZS @ 4 + Logitech X-530 5.1

SuperFlower SF-561T2-BK + Vantec Nexus NXP205BK

Well, I'll proudly admit that I'm an OCZ fanboy. I've been using their memory and their power supplies for quite a while now and have NEVER been let down (crosses fingers).

So I will readily endorse most any OCZ product.

The one consideration you might ask yourself right now is whether the 420 Powerstream "future proofs" you from possible upgrades down the line. I've got no doubt the 420 will meet your needs NOW, maybe just barely.

But you might be money ahead to invest in a higher output psu that you can carry from build to build in the future. Just about every quality psu is backwards compatible (meaning it will work on a 20-pin m/b).

Sign in to follow this