Sign in to follow this  
davidhammock200

DFI Recommended Power Supplies (UPDATED October 20th, 2006!)

i am having a strange issue

heres the rig

fx-60

dfi "venus

2x1024 teamgroup infineon

7800gtx

2 sata drives

1 optical drive

WC pump

4x120 fans

2x80 fans

4 neons

enermax liberty 620w

this a customer rig....

when i go above 2800...after 30 ou 40 mnts of load the rig will simply shutdown

i am aiming for an underpowered psu....

i cant seem to find any ocz 600w on my local dealers

what psu should i advice

i saw some tagan 900w turbo at overclockers uk.......

would that be a little overkill :D

thnxs

I was having cold boot issues with an Ultra X2 Connect 550W. For a test I borrowed my friend's OCZ GamerXStream 600W and found the cold boot issue disappeared.

I ordered one from zipzoomfly.com and have not had any cold boot issues since it's been installed in my computer.

Funny how some PSU's work, others don't ... people even have cold boot problems with "recommended PSU's". The OCZ GamerXStream is a new PSU (April 2006) not yet on the DFI "recommended" list but it works like a champ!

600W

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetai...ductCode=316504

700W

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetai...ductCode=316505

Pharma

You guys are making me jelous(bad spelling I know) ^^.

I would'nt mind picking up 2 more psu's, adjustable ones.

Those 700w'er ocz's look nice lol.

Since I allready got the 600w powerstream....

I could get 3 adjustable +5v rails.

That's what I really need right now...

I need a job hehehe, I really want 3 huge psu's in my rig.

I wonder what the new oc'z look liek inside, if they have sperate pots for the multible rails like this old 600w does...

Hmm, 4x +12v on this later on down the road.

Times that by 3, hehe, 12 +12v rails all adjustable, mwhaha, that's a bit overkill but hey I guess.

I really do need 3 adjustable +5v rails though :.

My drives are starving for my +5v, while my mobo hates it.

Guys I have to tell you I was having a lot of problems running my system in SLI with the 520Watt OCZ Powerstream SLI. I tried everything to get it to work good and had no luck. For crap and giggles I called OCZ and talked to one of there awesome techs because I wanted to RMA the 520 and get the 600Watt. He asked me what kind of system I have and when I told him I have 2 7900GTs he was suprised my computer even turned on with the 520. So anyway he told me I need the GameXstream 600Watt and he powerswapped one right out to me it was awesome!! OCZ is the best!! And just to verify I noticed a huge increase in stability running SLI. I'm very happy now.

So the moral of the story is if you are running SLI with a 520Watt Powerstream its time to upgrade because you are maxing your setup out! I noticed that the air blowing out of the GameXstream is much much cooler than the hot air that used to blow out of the Powerstream.

P.S. The cold boot issue is also gone!

Thanks for that [PORSCHE]911,

I have been considering the GameXtreme for my new Expert. I want to eventually run 2x9700GT's in it so your post is both timely and reassuring.

I take back the reccomendations I made about the ocz's in any ways, sorta, I'm sure with a complete redo it woudl be a good psu.

However, alot of my caps in the 600w powerstream are leaking now.

I've found 6 so far just on the end of the +12v rail.

Every single one on that pcb...

Except for the ceramic's.

And yeah, been running within decent specs, way under what they had set for stock.

I'm pretty mad that I have to desolder a bunch of old @ss mobo's to get the parts I need to replace stuff in the ocz psu.

I take back the reccomendations I made about the ocz's in any ways, sorta, I'm sure with a complete redo it woudl be a good psu.

However, alot of my caps in the 600w powerstream are leaking now.

I've found 6 so far just on the end of the +12v rail.

Every single one on that pcb...

Except for the ceramic's.

And yeah, been running within decent specs, way under what they had set for stock.

I'm pretty mad that I have to desolder a bunch of old @ss mobo's to get the parts I need to replace stuff in the ocz psu.

for a powersupply that expensive, if they're using caps that cheap, they must be laughing all the way to the bank. So far my modstream has worked well, hopefully no leaky caps

I'm getting Fortron Epsilon 600W. Anyone uses this PSU before ? Is it good ? I have 2 choices now , either the Fortron Bluestorm 500W or the Fortron Epsilon 600W . Which is better ? One have Passive PFC and Active PFC . Do PFC affects overclock ability ?

Sign in to follow this