Sign in to follow this  
davidhammock200

DFI Recommended Power Supplies (UPDATED October 20th, 2006!)

Seeing that the Powerstream is one of the many that dont have the REQUIRED 8-pin (+12V) EPS connector...

Thanks..

The OCZ PowerStream 600 does have the required 8pin CPU power connector. As far as I know the PowerStream line has always been EPS 12V compliant.

Additionally, the Fortron Epsilon line is fully ATX 12V 2.2 and EPS 12V compliant. I've been testing the 600W unit with excellent results.

You can see both in my sig. The OCZ has been running for well over a year now with nary a blip.

Does this mean that there will be a problem/disadvantage with the other psu's and the expert? Seeing that the Powerstream is one of the many that dont have the REQUIRED 8-pin (+12V) EPS connector...

Thanks..

Actually it does have the 8-pin connector. It's actually somewhat of a modular connector, there's a P4 connector and +P4 connector, which when together give you eight pins.

(EDIT: it's not just the 600w either, I have the 520w and it's still got the eight pin. :nod: )

Actually I did try another psu, when one was availible.

When I did, I still had issues.

This may sound like it's my rig, but to tell the truth, it was not this way at all before the upgrade :.

I know going by software is wrong...

But I had to do something about it's performance, it was piss poor, and still is to some extent, and I keep trying....

As for my skills, I'm really not that bad of an oc'er ;).

250mhz fsb and such should be a walk in the park for me on this socket a.

Running 275x8 stable as I type, getting over 3800megs a sec in everest read bench in single chan, with timings like 4-4-2-3 cas3 cmd2.

Nil Einne, what makes you think I'm not a halfway decent oc'er?, just asking what tipped you off to that one.

As for work, there is none, this happened from my rig!

The ringing...

It went away after I tossed the panaflow.

Then I started hearing my tornado's bearing, and like I said, one of my hd fans, a generic 80mm is crackling.

I oiled up the tornado, but I was lazy and let it go for about a week.

The other however I have not oiled up.

I will have to have someone help me when the time comes, probably my mom if she can hear it.

I'll sit down and power the fans one at a time with an external adapter without my rig being on...

This is how I figuered it out last time.

The psu cost me money yeah, was a christmas present I picked out.

The video card however, it did not cost me a thing.

I was dealing at the time, illegal, you get the idea.

Why I just called it sponsership lol, sounds better :O : ^^.

I can't do that again for some time, rather get a real job...

The video card however, it did not cost me a thing.

I was dealing at the time, illegal, you get the idea.

Why I just called it sponsership lol, sounds better :O : ^^.

I can't do that again for some time, rather get a real job...

LMAO!

Yesterday, my OCZ 520 down so i might want to buy a new power supply for replacement. Which one would be the best choice?

1. Fortron FSP Epsilon FX600-GLN 600W

2. Seasonic S12-600HT 600W

3. OCZ 600W SLI .....

I know (and i think the ocz would be the better choice however i just got one ocz 520W down....).

Did anyone using Fortron 600 W and Seasonic S12-600HT 600W? And can they handle 2 X 7800GT + AMD X2 @ overclocked?

Did anyone using Fortron 600 W and Seasonic S12-600HT 600W? And can they handle 2 X 7800GT + AMD X2 @ overclocked?

I have a Fortron Epsilon 600 and can say that my unit is rock solid. It passed my "hanging drive" test with a full load.

It's on the bench right now running a stock speed SLI rig with two 7800 cards.

How's that Fortron PSU treating you then? I have the exact same 3 PSU's on my shortlist as njack - but the OCZ costs roughly twice as much as the Fortron one here, so it has to be MUCH better..

And what about that Seasonic one? I like quiet! :-)

How's that Fortron PSU treating you then? I have the exact same 3 PSU's on my shortlist as njack - but the OCZ costs roughly twice as much as the Fortron one here, so it has to be MUCH better..

And what about that Seasonic one? I like quiet! :-)

I'm not a fan of the Seasonic line because I feel they threw their customers under the bus regarding an issue they had.

The Fortron is running an Expert SLI build right now. I've had it in four rigs recently and not a single glitch. Of course I can say the same thing about the OCZ PowerStream 600 but it does cost quite a bit more.

I use both of them as benchmark units since they are a known quantity. After the rig is tested I'll put the customer PSU in and continue testing.

These newer high power units are not as stable as the older power supplies. I've found that overall, OCZ and Fortron have had the least number of issues.

Reading through several threads here on the street, it seems I may have some input for the PSU list..

I currently have a modular Hiper Type-R 580w PSU bought in February, and since I installed it I have actually have a lot of boot-up problems.. I would guess I have to boot twice about 40% of the time before it powers up correctly. It stalls right before detecting drives.. You can see in my sig what I currently run with it, and I don't have any fancy cooling besides that..

As of now I think the Hiper should be put on a "watch list" and maybe even off the recommended list totally..

Posting this again since it perhaps got a bit lost with Neo's posts:

A little advise needed here as I'm trying to help a friend out.

If choosing between these PSUs which AFAIK can be considered resonably good brands, which one would you go for (price about same)

Enermax FMA 460W http://www.enermax.com/english/product_Display1.asp?PrID=28 the low end Enermax, seems similar in specs to Noisetaker 485W but only single rail and not as fancy...

Acbel Intelligent Power 450W http://www.acbel.com/html/products_/pc_1_main.htm (click on the Go not the more info which is a rather poor review) seems okay but info rather poor, dual rail and doesn't specify maximimum combined for +12V. I've e-mailed them and they say 300W so I guess only 25A total, not very good especially compared to Enermax

Coolermaster Real Power 450W http://www.coolermaster-europe.com/index.p...l%20Power%20450 AFAIK OEM is Acbel according to David and it looks the same. Comes with a consumption display gimmick and may be a little cheaper then either of the above. Info on site seems a little confusing and I would assume the Acbel info is more reliable

BTW, you would consider Enlight worse brand then any of the above right?

Oh this is not for my system but for a DFI Nforce3 250Gb with a Sempron64 2700+ (probably to be OCed significantly) and Radeon 9700 Pro OCed to about a 9800 Pro (uses external floppy connector) and 2 7200RPM HDs + 2 optical drives and 1 gb of RAM

Sign in to follow this