NF4 COLD/WARM Boot Problems...Read this.

232 members have voted

1. 1.

• yes I am going to rma my board
    • yes I am going to try and work through it
    • no problems at all

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then I remember a post by someone (sorry I can't remember who) who was having this same/similar problem. He said that by plugging in a PCI graphics card the system would post and boot every time. Okay, but where to get a PCI graphics card. Off to the graveyard! eventually we give up and decide to use the DVI to VGA adapter and attach that to our 6800gt (it has two DVI connectors) and use a VGA cable to connect to our display (listed below).

What do you know? It know POST/BOOTS EVERY TIME WITHOUT FAIL!

This was more than likely me on a thread I started a week or so back. I could not get my brand new system to get past 3 LED's with SLI (2x) BFG 6800 OC GT hooked up to DVI (Dell 20" LCD 2001FP). I ended up putting in an old PCI card (no PCIe), flashing the bios, and running a few memory tests on the OCZ VX. Everything looked good. From that point on, I tried dual 6800 OC GT's without any success at all. I could never get past 3 LED's again. I then went to just 1 6800 GT OC, and haven't had a problem since. No problems with cold boot, no issues with locking up, installed Windows, no blue screens, runs like a champ.

So... My only remaining issue is running SLI BFG 6800 GT OC's. Can't get past that 3 LED issue. Just thought I'd chime in on the issues I'm seeing.

I dont believe this is the problem, when I have the coldboot issue it is always my VX ram that is causing the problem. look all over this forum with cold boot issues it will be from people with VX type ram (or any of the high voltage ram) . If i get the cold boot problem which is everytime if I pull the power from the power supply and I pop in some crappy old corsair ram and it post just fine

I wonder how many people have this issue and just dont know it... if we just could get everyone to pull the powercord of the PSU, I bet we would get this issue resolved

just emaild angry as these two threads must be invisible to the mods ;-)

"Angry,

any chance you or rgone could cast your eye on the following two threads and merge them into one please.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10822

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10435

Seems that they are completely passing the support people by without any input at all.

Many thanks for your help.

Needmorstuff."