NF4 COLD/WARM Boot Problems...Read this.

232 members have voted

1. 1.

• yes I am going to rma my board
    • yes I am going to try and work through it
    • no problems at all

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

latest

Went out and bought a OCZ Powerstream 600 this morning, initially very impressed (except didn't know it was rebadged tagan)

Plumbed it all in - wouldn't start. Took various things out of the loop one at a time to see if there was a short etc...

It started up when I removed my 12v water pump. (my 480w sharkoon didn't have this problem) but the OCZ still didn't post my system with the pump off (started fans etc.).

Also the OCZ makes a ticking noise when not in use!!

I thought . the pump must be goosed - so i puts the sharkoon back in and it fired up with the pump in (still didn't post though.)

I know lots of people think these are the dogs danglies but not for me.

At least I know the PSU aint my problem.. maybe the 6800gt oh well the search continues.

p.s I am DOA-ing the OCZ powerstream due to the ticking noise and the fact it wouldn't work with my pump connected. Shame as the build quality seems excellent, I especially like the shielded mains lead.

Just Noticed you seem to be having problems with your GT vid card yet you flashed with an ultra bios, first thing I would do is go back to the GT bios see if you start posting correctly

also when you power down - flip the switch on you psu......and press the power button on your case to fully discharge any left over current.....when you are ready to boot up flip the psu switch back on and power up and see if that helps at all...(grasping at straws)