Sign in to follow this  
needmorstuff

NF4 COLD/WARM Boot Problems...Read this.

232 members have voted

1. 1.

• yes I am going to rma my board
    • yes I am going to try and work through it
    • no problems at all

SOLVED!!!!

it was my vid card - got a replacement today and it boots first time. Now i think my problem may have been because i flashed my 6800gt to ultra. aint gonna do that again.

oz have you tried one card at a time in the top slot? one of em may be goosed.

Hmm, i have the same problem as you needmorstuff but i never flashed my GFX card, so i guess for me the search goes on.

Ufortunately not, i was using a 20 pin psu, so bought a new ocz 520w modstream, it should arrive tom, so will try that with the system first, if that doesnt work i guess i will rma my gfx card as well which i hope i wont have to.

Loxguard, are you using DVI? (probably if you have the evga) and did you try using the VGA adapter?

needmorestuff, I also did not flash my graphics card, like Junkmail, so that is not the problem. I also have FOUR evga 6800GT cards and all have this problem.

I have ordered some more stuff to test with, another 6800GT, X800XL and another motherboard.

Quick update.

Over on the eVGA forums there is a similar thread. One person says they RMA'd their card and problem went away. needmorestuff maybe there is a huge batch of bad nVidia chips cuz you have a card from Inno3D right?

Well, as I said I have another eVGA 6800GT on the way to try out tomorrow or Friday. If I have to RMA my boards it shouldn't be that big a deal as eVGA is here in Los Angeles.

Not sure it matters because I have an Ultra D but I do have a XFX 6800 gt.

I build my rigs in the basement and use my old CRT down there so the Nf4 ultra D was connected with the DVI to VGA adapter. I noticed this thread the other day so today I brought the rig up and attached it to the Sony flat screen directly through the DVI connector without issue.

I shutdown the computer 4 times and it restarted without a problem. Warm reboots were done without issue as well. The max time the rig was off was only about 10 minutes.

My video card came from Newegg as did my motherboard.

HTH a little?

Hope you guys get squared up soon. ;)

sparx

I am having the same issues. I got a little twist with mine. I have having trouble getting 4 sticks to run solid. I had to RMA a kit back to OCZ due to 1 stick failing. I got the new ram and popped in in and I was back to having only 3 lights on. If I plug 1 stick at a time in dimm 2 they all fire up into windows, I can even put any 2 sticks into dimm 2 and 4 without a problem. Initally after the 1 faulty stick, my guess was 1 dimm was shorting out the ram. After reading all these post, I am unsure now. Also I built an identical box at the same time for my wife. After I adjusted the voltage for the VX memory, I am having no problem at all. BTW I am not tweaking or overclocking at this time. It ran solid for a month. I am running 310 bios. If I update to a bios listed here will it void my warranty?

Klaian

Different problem! You should look in the OCZ sticky thread at the top of the forum. The OCZ guys here are very helpful with these kinds of things.

Sparx, are you sure? I'm a nice guy you know! The fellow on the eVGA forum wouldn't trade either. :-(

It turns out that he has a SLI-DR too - I couldn't believe it.

needmorestuff, are you gone! Are you leaving me!

Different problem! You should look in the OCZ sticky thread at the top of the forum. The OCZ guys here are very helpful with these kinds of things.

Sparx, are you sure? I'm a nice guy you know! The fellow on the eVGA forum wouldn't trade either. :-(

It turns out that he has a SLI-DR too - I couldn't believe it.

needmorestuff, are you gone! Are you leaving me!

yeah I am sure, been fiddling with the ultra d's now for two months, not going to let a solid one get away.

sparx