Sign in to follow this  
zeero

NEW Setup problems

Yes, our ram is similiar, DDR400 (200 fsb) with an SPD rating of 2-2-2-6. I am running mine overclocked at DDR 544 (272 fsb). The CPU is running 272x9=2.448 GHz. When did you purchase your Mushkin? From what I understand, for the last couple of months, they have been putting their TCCD chips on Brainpower PCB, which means they will overclock pretty well. The set I bought is TCCD on BP PCB, B6U815. You can identify if they are indeed BP PCB by looking at your ram as seen here (look closely on your modules): http://www.ocforums.com/showpost.php?p=3563318&postcount=53

I am perfectly stable at the settings in my sig. Your CPU is different than mine, however, so there will be differences with the onboard memory controller, so some of the settings (as well as voltages) will undoubtedly be different. The stock CPU voltage for a Newcastle is 1.5v with an average maximum of 1.65v. The stock CPU voltage for a Winchester is 1.4v with an average maximum of 1.55v. You really just need to get in the ballpark and then just start the process of elimination on settings. It is time consuming but necessary to find out where your machine will run optimally.

m :)

? the errors did not stop when I increased the voltage

The cpu is Newcastle, mucker is your ram ddr400 originally?

I've left everything stock and increased the voltage each time from 2.6v to 2.7v and finally stopped at 2.8v. Only thing I can think of is RAM, but has anybody else tried a similar set up with the same results? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Sorry i seen( and finally stoped) at 2.8,I thought the errors stoped when you turned up the volts.

I've left everything stock and increased the voltage each time from 2.6v to 2.7v and finally stopped at 2.8v. Only thing I can think of is RAM, but has anybody else tried a similar set up with the same results? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Sorry i seen( and finally stoped) at 2.8,I thought the errors stoped when you turned up the volts.

get rid of the 2x256 or the 1x512 and ur problems go away

lol this has gotten confusing, but I think he was quoting me from an earlier post. Anyway I'm in the process of tweaking this still, seems like the memtest takes longer and longer before it hits an error so I'm assuming I just need to find the right speeds for this set up.