Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ryn_merged

CPU Voltage question

Guest Ryn

i have a 3200+ newcastle and i'm currently at [email protected] Is it still safe to go past 1.7? what would be my limit? I'm currently using Thermalright XP-120. thanks in advance

That is a difficult question to address. Till now, there is not enough evidence to actually suggest it's safe to run at high voltage i.e. 1.7v. Thus, most users, include AG, suggest that we better kept the VID under 1.7v. Futhermore, it is believe that the integrated memory controller does take high voltage.

As a general rule of thumb, do no exceed 1.7v. However, if you are the lucky rich guy, then obviously you has the privilege to apply whatever voltage you like. :)

you have a newcastle core they can take more voltage than a winnie

i ran my newcastle @1.75 v 24/7 for about 4 month but that was watercooled

if your temps are ok and your happy stick with 1.7v

but remember its getting near summer :(

Guest Ryn

i usually idle at 38-40C and load on 50-55C depending on the ambient temps. i think i have a poor newcastle core here since it would only run stable at 11x220 using 1.7V :(

I have a 3000+ and spent the better part of last saturday slowly increasing voltage/fsb...It get's sooooo close to 250 x 10...went about four hours in prime before she choked and that was at about 1.72v...Anything above that had no positive effect so I slowly brought her back down to around 1.65v @ 245 x 10 :sad: I think that's about all she's gonna do...Getting 450 free ponies aint bad but of course we all want more.....................and more :nod: My memory has no problem in memtest running for hours and hours and hours, loop after loop after loop so I think I've pretty much maxed out on this particular CPU.........................

hey all...seems like i'm stuck with a similiar problem - i can't get 250x10 or 280x9 stable without running Vcore/VID at 1.66v. like those guys who've read Andy's thread on winnie3200+ o/clocking issues, i've tried all kindsa vcore settings but seem to only get stable running 1.35/123% or 1.4/123% if i wanna hit 280x9. for ram settings i can run stable with 2.5-3-3-6 at 240x10. but for 250x10 and 280x9 i run at 2.5-4-4-8/2.9v. i have interleave enabled and set Drive strength at 7. seem to be hitting a roadblock but i probabaly have not explored enuff.

Oh one more thing...i've jus added a L.I.S Blue eye VFD and an active memory cooler, and while i was expecting the temps to be somewhere near what i was getting when idling (38-40C), instead they jumped to an average of 42-45C! erm u reckon adding that VFD display coulda added to the temp increase??

i usually idle at 38-40C and load on 50-55C depending on the ambient temps. i think i have a poor newcastle core here since it would only run stable at 11x220 using 1.7V :(

have you tried a ram divider?

try 100mhz slacken your ram timings to say 3-5-5-10 (if itll boot at that)

then try for more that way also try a 10x or 9x multiplier see how you get on