Amd Or Intel

Okay guys. I want a better explaination why AMD is better than the Intel's now a days. I have been loyal to AMD mostly because they provide a better buy. But just now I sense that AMD is behind in technology especially only creating the 400FSB while Intel already has 800FSB. I know that Intel is more costly but that shouldnt hold me back from getting a longer lasting processor, well at least until it becomes obsolete.

So tell me.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally love AMD but also feel that they are currently behind in the CPU techknology field. Although AMD is cheaper, Intel has double the FSB and so far leads in performance. The thing I like about AMD is that they OC well, but i'm begining to see Intel OC'ing getting better. Right now i'm leaning towards Intel until AMD gets it together a puts out some competition. Thats just my opinion though.

Well intel is currently working on CPUS that you CAN NOT OVERCLOCK! No matter what you do you wont be able to overclock them. And if they go like that AMD might go in the same footsteps. Which is why I hate INTEL. They are a bunch of greddy bastards looking for more money to swim in. They say that they lose money when someone buys a cpu for a cheeper price and then overclocks it so its up there with some top of the line ones. They say it is wrong. But whom are they to tell us what to do with the cpus that we buy and own! Thats why they are going threw this Anti oc thingy.

When Intel comes out with the non-overclockable CPU's and it is a when not an if. I think AMD wont go that way because they know they will always have a good marketplace as long as Intel does this and they might even see an increase in sales. But i think AMD is better because they have more power than Intel even though intel has a higher FSB AMD still holds their own.

I thought Intel was the one's that had the quanti speed arcitecture? Well, since I was wrong and now I know that Intel is planning on making Non-OCable CPUs, AMD is much better. I'm gonna have to read up on whats going on, i'm a little behind.

well intil pentium 4 repeat 4. has 4x fsb while amd is still at 2x that is the reason for that just os you know. intel has for (pipelines) if you will. That is the reason plus amd still owns . I dunno the question so i add in the reason for the 800 vs 400 fsb. My 2 cents is worth more than yours i bet.

I can feel that almost everyone is for AMD. I have a criticism. Altough it has this "Quanti-speed Architecture," I can tell that only releases the speeds accordingly to the Intel's and do not use the actual speeds to compare. Besides that AMD has the fast technology, they do prove it to the public, but only for themselves by prolonging their existance. On the other hand, Intel has the new socket 478 (pins are very close together) which increases the processing by nano-seconds (greatly affects usage) as opposed to their old ones and the AMD sockets (pins are more spacey).

That and their 800 FSB are what makes me think Intel is actually faster and longer lasting as of now.

AMD has the potential but does not help out the consumers and have a new low 400 FSB.

So BEST BUY = Intel Pentium 4