Web Hosting

Didn't know where to post this...

anyone have suggestions for web hosting?? Cheap pay service is fine..not looking for a free one.

Flexibility... FTP.... POP......etc.etc... any thoughts??

No Ads!

maybe MySQL and PHP but not required... would love to do XML for an RSS feed....

• 4 months later...

I use www.just-hosting.com they are awesome, very friendly staff that will help you out 24/7. Gives POP, SMTP, MYSQL, PHP support, some prebuilt scripts in CGI, unlimied email accounts, subdomains. Lots of good stuff here.

i don't know exactly how, but you can set up your own computer to host the web page on :huh: or at least i believe you can, i don't see why not, people would just be going to your site stored on your pc, instead of going to your site on someone elses pc, or "web server"...........

anyone else know more specific information, i found this in like a minute searching on the net: http://www.cybernut.com/guides/guides.html

:)

You sure can host yourself, I used to do it, but my bandwidth sucks and I was hosting downloads. Go grab Apache Web Server. Its free and amongst the best. Then create a site, put it in the htdocs directory and you now have a web server. Its extremely easy to setup. if you got a router, you may have to open ports to allow people to access the server.