Sign in to follow this  
Capt Proton

Windows won't boot with 2 Sticks RAM

Tried searching existing threads and posting in other forum, no luck.

I am having a problem with this new board in that it hangs when loading windows if I have both sticks of memory in. I've tried 1 & 2 and 1 & 3. Seems to work fine with one stick. The bios tells me on boot up that both sticks are set at 400 DDR, even though it is advertised as a problem and that they shpuld only boot at 333 DDR with Auto set in the bios. Bios version 4.52 Had this memory in my MSI K8T Neo FIS2R and it worked very well. No errors or instability.

Link to OCZ

http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memo...c_3200_platinum

Have you tried setting a divider for the RAM rather than leaving it on Auto?

You don't say if you are overclocking your Clawhammer. I've found the RAM doesn't have to be running at DDR333, just so long as it's under 400 (200MHz).

Ive got the exact same problem. Ive tried everything, doing 2t, a little more voltage. Nothing works. I tried each stick alone, and they work just fine.

Thanks

:) So, problem solved. I got my Rev 2, had same problem. Flashed BIOS to 4.52 (03-31-05) and all is well. running at 2-2-2-10. now I can start tweaking and OVERCLOCKING!