Mod the Ultra-D to SLI-D Picture Tutorial

I have not seen one of the AB0 boards.

There have been reports that the chipset has "large" amounts of epoxy covering the bridges.

If that is the case, it will simply take a little more work to remove the epoxy to expose the bridges.

Once that is done, the mod will still work.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

With the information I have right now, all of the nVidia chipsets available are still moddable.

The only way they could eliminate the mod would be to remove the external bridges.

If they want to do that they will have to modify that chip package and the production line.

While it is possible for them to do that, I don't think they will spend the money.

If there is another generation of nF4 chipsets it is possible but not probable since that would mean at least two completely different chip packages.

My feeling is that this mod will be available as long as the current nF4 chipsets are available.

yea that's what i thought.. cool

thnx my man :D

but if they remove the external bridges i think we can still do it with just cutting a small bridge in between both of them.. u reckon it'll work?

If(and this is a big IF) they make a change it will be inside the chip package and the bridges will no longer be exposed.

That's why I don't think it will happen any time soon. It would cost them more to change the package than they could possibly recover by eliminating the mod. The return on the investment would be upside down from the start.

Hi all

ok i tried the mod and it didin't work....

i've tried with a pencil... reset the bios... powered up... and nothing ... diagnoscit led lit red then one (nerest to the pci slot) startet to blink... :( tried few times no effect.. i'v removed the nf4 cooler rubbed off the pencil and returned to ultra... :(

but i will try tomorow with an condactiv varnish(??)

the question is will it work with the new nvidia driver (77.72) with no sli bridge... the one i've got is from asus, asus board have 2 pciex x1 slots betwen 8x slots, so i cant use it....

Hi all

ok i tried the mod and it didin't work....

i've tried with a pencil... reset the bios... powered up... and nothing ... diagnoscit led lit red then one (nerest to the pci slot) startet to blink... :( tried few times no effect.. i'v removed the nf4 cooler rubbed off the pencil and returned to ultra... :(

but i will try tomorow with an condactiv varnish(??)

the question is will it work with the new nvidia driver (77.72) with no sli bridge... the one i've got is from asus, asus board have 2 pciex x1 slots betwen 8x slots, so i cant use it....

You need to make a complete sig with all your system specs..

Did you clear the cmos after the mod ?