Sign in to follow this  
red930

Mod the Ultra-D to SLI-D Picture Tutorial

Guest markuk
Your pic sucks, does it look like this?

epoxy.jpg

Yes, you can still do the mod, I just did mine, that's a pic of how mine looked, and this is a pic of my boot screen:

size.jpg

Notice the NF4 SLI? Oh yeah, gotta love it! :D

Once again, a very big thank you, and major props, to Ex-Roadie, thanks dude, now I have an SLI board. :cool:

BTW, I bought my board Mar 7th/06, so obviously, new boards are still "modable". :nod:

Yes my pic does suck lol

And yes, Thats what it looks like. how do u still mod it then ?

Thanks

Yes my pic does suck lol

And yes, Thats what it looks like. how do u still mod it then ?

Thanks

The technique for removing the epoxy is covered close to the beginning of the thread. Use the search function.

Guest markuk

Doe's anyone know of a company in UK that i can get one of these

Circutwriter Pen's from the net please.

I cant find one :(

Hi Guys...just joined this great forum as i just replaced my mobo for a ultra-d to get them higher o/c's....anyway i noticed the sli mod on another forum...so i searched for more details which led me to here...as i planned on removing chip cooler to apply AS5 and thought i'd do the mod ready for my next gt....didn't think it would be so easy....removed mobo and then chipset cooler....Taped off area picked genty with a stanly blade when i saw specs of silver i then used the sticky part of tape to pick up silver specs and then applied paint waited to dry....helped a bit with an hair dryer...then put chipset cooler + AS5 back on and placed all back in to case.....all i had to do to get it to bootup was to move my stick of mem to another slot.... cleared cmos and booted straight away disabled boot screen load optimal defaults and there is was SLI.....a big thanks to ExRoadie for this mod.....and Here's a few pic's i took. :)

Doe's anyone know of a company in UK that i can get one of these

Circutwriter Pen's from the net please.

I cant find one :(

I have no clue.. sorry !
Hi Guys...just joined this great forum as i just replaced my mobo for a ultra-d to get them higher o/c's....anyway i noticed the sli mod on another forum...so i searched for more details which led me to here...as i planned on removing chip cooler to apply AS5 and thought i'd do the mod ready for my next gt....didn't think it would be so easy....removed mobo and then chipset cooler....Taped off area picked genty with a stanly blade when i saw specs of silver i then used the sticky part of tape to pick up silver specs and then applied paint waited to dry....helped a bit with an hair dryer...then put chipset cooler + AS5 back on and placed all back in to case.....all i had to do to get it to bootup was to move my stick of mem to another slot.... cleared cmos and booted straight away disabled boot screen load optimal defaults and there is was SLI.....a big thanks to ExRoadie for this mod.....and Here's a few pic's i took. :)
Congrads on the successfull mod and Welcome to DFI-Street !!

Its nice to see someone actually read the thread to do the mod.. ;)

Thanks for the welcome THunDA...yes i read the thread from start to finnish before i attempted the mod....you would have to be pretty stupid if you can't do this mod.

@markuk...why buy a conductive pen when you can get paint same thing for less than 1/3rd of price...just do a search for conductive paint @ £6.75 delivered.....those pen's are at lest £20 + p+p.

Well I'm getting one of these boards, so whoop. My question was when I saw this board was: 'Why 2 pci-e x16 slots but no SLI chipset, DFI knew what was going to happen. nice of 'em hey.

All nVidia chipsets are the same, it's just that not all mobo-manufacturer forums have the same support that these forums do. Just smile, and be happy in the knowledge that dfi-street rocks. :nod:

kinda new to stuff so I'll be getting the pen, but how the heck can pencil shards keep a connection?! I would worry that they would flake away with all the air moving around in the case or moving the entire system.

I may try that after I break out of my noob shell.

lmao me 2 :rolleyes: circuitwriting pen,woa :drool:

BTW, sorry about the pic, I forgot to reduce it, got the first one, got sidetracked, missed the second, my bad.

Any other pics I post will be 800X600 or less, my mick-steak. :O