Mod the Ultra-D to SLI-D Picture Tutorial

K, i just joined this site, and im also getting a DFI Ultra-D, but i think this one is SATA ready. so Heres my impression on what im supposed to do after reading ur posts.

on the chip on the mobo, take a dull lead pencil and just rub those 2 gold metal points? what am i trying to do with them? overlap them or something? or just rub them both until i see some black metal part? and thats it? or do i need to buy SLi bridge or something? cause i cant find one anywhere.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, i no enough about computers, im not gonna mod yet, the only time ill ever mod is probably in 1 year lol. I think i understand now. u rub off the epoxy with the acetone right? then u rub it with a dull pencil. and boom, its SLi'd.

Am i wrong?

I will read and understand the forum rules before posting again.

#2 pencil can be 2b etc.. is it?

Not familiar with that, but virtually any pencil should have enough graphite in it to 'short out' the chipset to do the mod. Worst that could happen is it doesn't work and you'd have to erase it. :)

hmm.. i using 2B pencil 2 mod my nf4-d, it's fail... dun know whether is it the pencil or e chipset..

#2 pencils in asia is a.k.a 2B pencils.

it didn't work out for me in the first try but it did in the second.

Perhaps u didn't connect the 2 metal spot with enough graphite. ( i myself used a faber #2/2B and made the connection with whole lot of it ). scraping off the epoxy layer too deeply will sometimes lead to metal flakings (copper like). Exposed metal flakings is not an issue, the mod willl still work. But do remember, warranty is void though.

so my advice--> Do it at your own risk! Unless u r damn ready, don't do it. ^^

oh good thing I read this post. I thought that you had to basically destroy those two things. So, you just need to connect those two with some graphite from the pencil?

also, it says that there is a limited supply of moddable ultra ds. If i were to buy one from newegg, would i be "guarenteed" that it is moddable?

oh good thing I read this post. I thought that you had to basically destroy those two things. So, you just need to connect those two with some graphite from the pencil?

also, it says that there is a limited supply of moddable ultra ds. If i were to buy one from newegg, would i be "guarenteed" that it is moddable?

1) Yes.

2) No, there isn't.

3) Guarenteed. (from the first batch to those just fresh from the oven)