Sign in to follow this  
red930

Mod the Ultra-D to SLI-D Picture Tutorial

The mod can be performed on every board including the current shipping units.

oohh, i read somewhere that all the recent batches were fixed... guess it was a lie :P

oohh, i read somewhere that all the recent batches were fixed... guess it was a lie :P

Well, the "fix" was to epoxy over the contacts making the mod harder to do (one more step). Earlier boards had no epoxy on the contacts, making the mod even easier to do.

Well, the "fix" was to epoxy over the contacts making the mod harder to do (one more step). Earlier boards had no epoxy on the contacts, making the mod even easier to do.

What gotamd said is exactly true.

I just modded a spanking new nF4-D to Ultra and SLI today.

up and running flawlessly i got my Dual 7800gt's running SLI no problem and my 2GB of OCz dd500 all cranking out the game play expierience in BF2 :)the mod works flawlesly with a pencil :)

up and running flawlessly i got my Dual 7800gt's running SLI no problem and my 2GB of OCz dd500 all cranking out the game play expierience in BF2 :)the mod works flawlesly with a pencil :)

Nice !!

That rig must eat up BF2 like its pacman... :nod:

yeah thunda now i just need your CPU and we'll be cookin the 2550mhz proc is the biggest hang up in the hole system now need to be at atleast 2800mhz any suggestions on a cheap proc with goood overclock-ablity im looking at Opti's but so far as i see it they arent supported by DFI i heard those are really good overclocking chips, other than that i was thinking something with a venice core but iv been hearing alot about how they are getting bad now :-

i mean granted its running on air but im only at 1.54Vcore and going up to 2580 takes all the way up to 1.65vcore thats quite a big jump for only 30 mhz

but then again im kinda shocked at the same time that i made it to 2550 with only 1.54Vcore stock is 1.5v, think maybe water cooling it would help?

yeah thunda now i just need your CPU

It might be up for sale soon.. ;)

think maybe water cooling it would help?

I'd say so..

My sandiego on air was maxed out at around 2750mhz with about 1.59vcore.. and now with water im running 2820mhz with 1.475+110%.. I need to update my sig but I just primed for 9 hours last night at 282x10.. hehe.. And it might still have more left.. im creeping up slowly..

yep just got myself an ultra-d.

i wanted to do the mod,

but somehow i was given a board with thin layer of epoxy/like a layer of black paint (maybe an old shipment)

i just scratched off the epoxy, but i saw some copperlike coloration.

did i mess up with my board or is the modding process similar to what others are experiencing, please assist me.

popsta told me to connect the 2 metal spots eventhough there are some metal flakings exposed. It took me some time to give another try cuz i really didn't wanna damage my new mobo ( needed it everyday for CAD and MAX ).

i connected em with a faber #2 pencil and bang it became a sli board. yes, i succeeded, the mod worked. now, i'm a happy man :)

(in fact, come to think of it, those exposed metal flakings i was worring about really wasn't something that big of an issue ~ it could work afterall......

thanks everyone, absolutely grateful with all u guys

no problem man...the metal flakings skerd me but on like page 20something of this post another guy had same issue he was fine so i figured i would be too and its most definately ok :)

Can I make this Vmod, when I bought this motherboart before two months. I mean, that chipset will have somethink protection. I didn't read preview forum, because it is extremly large. thanks

Can I make this Vmod, when I bought this motherboart before two months. I mean, that chipset will have somethink protection. I didn't read preview forum, because it is extremly large. thanks

just scrape off the epoxy or "protection" on the 2 contact points with a razor blade or something and ur good to go