Mod the Ultra-D to SLI-D Picture Tutorial

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys I have a problem I really need help.

Ok I completed the mod and when I boot up it says SLI instead of ULTRA. I installed two 6600gt drives and connected them with an SLI bridge. Then I moved the jumpers (all 6 of them) to the SLI setting and it boots up but windows does not detect the cards as SLI! It still says the SLI instead of ULTRA when I boot up but I'm not getting the option to enable SLI what do i need to do to fix this?

Ok guys I have a problem I really need help.

Ok I completed the mod and when I boot up it says SLI instead of ULTRA. I installed two 6600gt drives and connected them with an SLI bridge. Then I moved the jumpers (all 6 of them) to the SLI setting and it boots up but windows does not detect the cards as SLI! It still says the SLI instead of ULTRA when I boot up but I'm not getting the option to enable SLI what do i need to do to fix this?

Did you clear the cmos ?

Try to install only one card at a time and check which bios they are using.. They need to be the same version for sli..

i ahve a question about the mod....do u jus take the heat sinc off and apply the pencil to the needed area....or do u have to prepare the area for the pencil so taht it doesnt put power where it shouldnt be???

You just need to connect the two solder points with pencil.. On some chipsets there is a epoxy that is covering the solder points and if that is there then you need to CAREFULLY scrap away the epoxy to expose the points to be connected..

Quick question...

I just recieved a nF4-D

I am putting my system together and have sucessfully modded the chipset to display SLI in the POST screen, however I am not sure if I have SATA II enabled or not. I had to scrape away a thick epoxy coating and since the SATA bridges are diffferent then the SLI ones I dont know if they are sucessfully connected or not.

I want to unlock my Hitachi Desktars to run as SATA II but the instructions from Hitachi say that if I try to run them as SATA II on a board that isnt capable, I won't be able to use the drives at all. The only way to fix them would be to install them on a SATAII capable system and change them back to SATA 150.

Is there any way that I will be able to tell or do I just have to try it and hope i dont end up with two paperweights?

The Hitachi drives come set to SATA due to the possible format conflicts. I've run my drives in SATA II mode on my nF4-D before and after the mod just to make sure they would work in either mode.

You shouldn't have any problems with the drives even if the mod attempt wasn't successful. Once you get the drives up and running you can look in device manager and see the transfer mode.

There is an example in the HD benchmark thread.

You just need to connect the two solder points with pencil.. On some chipsets there is a epoxy that is covering the solder points and if that is there then you need to CAREFULLY scrap away the epoxy to expose the points to be connected..

how do u actually connect the two points with pencil???

It's very similar to just drawing a line to connect two points. When you draw a line on paper you are actually leaving a line of pencil lead. The same thing happens when you connect the two points. You simply draw a heavy line to connect the two contact points. You take your time and build up a heavy coating of pencil lead to bridge the contacts.

Look back at the first post in this thread and you will see the pencil lead deposited between the contact points.

how do u actually connect the two points with pencil???